Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30 2014 Farmer's Market, Retiring Equipment

This morning I got to sleep in a bit - I'm feeling a *LITTLE* more rested... 


Then Mariam invited me to the Farmer's Market in our neighborhood. It was another First - I used to love going the Farmer's Market regularly every Sunday - but it has been too daunting and painful trying to walk there. This morning, I didn't even worry. We got there toward the end of the market's day (they close at noon) and found lots of lovely produce, and a lot of it on end-of-the-day clearance ( buck a bag - such a deal!). 
And I walked all over the place for at least half an hour. I brought the cane and used it some, and some not. Came home and made a delicious spring onion, asparagus and fresh dill scramble. 

We even stopped at the grocery store for a few non-Farmer's Market Items. It was *great* - easy! 

For rehearsal, I forgot my cane at home (FORGOT MY CANE AT HOME! That's when it gets very real!), and didn't worry (I have a wooden backup in the car in case of unforeseen need) - but we were having a music rehearsal and that involves a lot of sitting, so a full rehearsal with no cane - and I'm doing *great*! 
Today I used ibuprofen, but not a ton of it. 

I really am not sore almost at all... another first - AND - I have removed the frame with the lifter-arms from around my toilet! I just do not need it any more to get up from the toilet and it was in the way, crowding the bathroom and too easy to stub toes on. It served its purpose well for about nine months, but is no longer needed! Hurray!! I love retiring the Equipment, one piece at a time! 

I actually like the shower bench - it makes it easier to wash my hair, shave legs, etc. There may come a time when I am just tired of it, but especially with the hand-held shower, it's convenient. It and the cane are about the only vestiges of disabled NEED I have any more. Oh, and I still have my disabled placard, to save over-doing steps when otherwise I would be parked very far way, but if I find a close space, I won't use as a rule. 

Steps... changes... improvements... they make for happy days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!