Thursday, March 27, 2014

3/26/2014 Tornadoes; Stage Sets

Today was a rainy day - and then we had tornadoes! At least two touched down early this evening - Northern California traditionally is devoid of tornadoes - but in the last several years, they have become a regular thing - about 5 per year. thy are little ones - small twisters - barely rating F1 - but the skies get exciting and wild, and ther is that odd shade of green to it that only comes with tornadoes. It was exciting! I mean, if the news told me it was hitting my neighborhood and to take shelter, I'd get away from the windows and hunker down in the bathroom for a bit - we get a few roof tiles blown away, a tree or two down and some broken wondows in the area when they show up - but they are mostly exciting, 
As one friend posted, "Now the crack team of local tv new reporters are driving around chasing rainbows." 
Global climate change: it's a thing. For real. Don't be a fool. 


And I was not the least bit hindered or bothered by getting around in the wet weather. Barely used my cane until rehearsal - I had a good massage today, but I was a bit sore a couple of hours later. I have to go up and down three stairs on the set, but they have promised me a rail will be added. I am really hoping to be able to get up and down those steps with more alacrity before we open. If not, I will just have to take my time and we'll have to make it work - a little vamping, perhaps. I will NOT put myself in jeopardy, and they are not asking me to, which is good! 

My goodness! I'm getting to bed before ONE! I *desparately* need it. 

That's about all I've got tonight. Later, friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!