Tuesday, March 11, 2014

3/10/2014 Cars, Improvement, and Back at it Again.

Up late as I was in bed far too  late. Ui. Hustled to get to work...

Work was fine - catching up to so after being of Friday, but not bad. I'd rather be busy than idle. Idle makes ms crazy.

My friend Mariam (regular readers with recognize her as the wonderful friend who took such great care of me for surgery #1) had her car break down today - and it turns out that it is a goner. It is the WORST, when you have car trouble, and it is expensive and a big problem to be solved, I'll give her a ride to and from work for the several days this week, and we rehearse within a mile or two of each other's theatres right now, so it works out just fine.
her office is only a couple of miles off the freeway on my way to work, and I am very glad to return her  many, many selfless kindnesses.
She stopped by the apartment with me to help hold Electra while I gave her sub-cutaneous fluids - still tricky, but easier with four hands. Poor little thing is sickly again, She was doing great, and then just stopped eating again two days ago. Fingers crossed that she rallies again.

The best thing is that when I awoke from sleep, the peculiar little pains I was getting pretty worried about after the fall - were gone. Relief - I smiled and I did my morning PT routine and got up and walked pretty easily down the hall. It seems that it was indeed the muscles that were all cranky. 
  I tried to keep the fat foot (from the scraped shin) up and elevated all day - it's a little tricky at work, but I manages to find a box to rest it on, and the director of the play was helpful and found me a chair to prop it up on. 

Rehearsal went well - it's a tremendous, super talented cast with HUGE voices!! Really GOOD huge voices! It is amusing that the man playing my son is about six months younger than me, but we're good actors, and he looks a lot younger, and I CAN play older! Hell - I've done it most of my life, as a character actress! The truth is, in the theatre, if you tell them, "This guy is the son, and this woman is his mom" they get it, and it's a fact, done and done. If the actors believe it, the audience will.

Home again home again, jiggety jig - and heading for bed soon - I need to be up earlier to pick up Mariam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!