Sunday, March 23, 2014

3/22/2014 Utterly exhausted, happy!

big day today - brunch with friends from out of tow, and lovely morning - I have not gotten showered, ready and out of the house this fast in years!

Then a quick run to the co-op ( was that really just today!? :D ) for a few vital groceries...

Show # 1,  Saturday Matinee ( a nice big house/audience - hurray!) of Cannery Row

Dinner at Cafe Dantorelles with much of the cast and crew

Post-dinner coffee to go

Show #2 of the day - we have one more before we close, and our Row is history. I will mis it - it has been a big deal, in that Christine, my dear friend who directed it, just gave it to me as a gift - a perfect first re-entry on to the stage. I love singing these songs, and my voice may be in the best form it's even been in. A delight!! (However this exhaustion is really catching up - I was having a very hard time staying away in the quieter moments of the show - and I have NEVER almost allen asleep ON THE STAGE IN PERFORMANCE!!!  Yikes!)

Then a stop at out late night post-show favorite brew pub for a cheap late night happy hour nosh and a half pint of Cider. (STUPIDLY, I had the wings, and I am pretty sure they were dredged in flour. I should have given them away and gotten something else ( They were only $2!) and I truly NEVER just eat gluten because I want to, but dammit - they were so good.
I hope I don't suffer to much from the gluten bomb I gave myself - I think they were just lightly dusted in flour.
And tasty.

My friend Debbie unloaded her dishwasher today, pain-free - AND stood in the kitchen and hand-washed other dishes. A HUGE deal, 19 days after surgery! She is SO grateful to get her life back - and her surgery was SO fast and recovery is SO quick!

I realize how severe mine was and how much work the surgery took, and it makes me feel more than OK about still having gradually-improving pain - and it's a FRACTION of that I had before the surgeries!!! But I am so happy to see friends thrive and recover SO fast!!! They are lucky and it was just 'normal" arthritis! ;)
I am still compiling my invitee list for my Dance Party, and the music list (Guess how many songs there are with the word "Dance" in them? :D It's gonna be a very eclectic mix and a LOT of fun! From Springsteen to Broadway Musicals to 80s pop tunes ! And I plan to DANCE, dammit!

I am so far beyond exhausted - all for great reasons (a few fantastic chats across the world in late nights because they were so worth it!!

I keep starting to to type a sentence and falling half asleep, and reading it back to find it ending in dream imagery and/or total nonsense! :D

And so - Boa Noite, as my Portuguese friends would say!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!