Thursday, March 20, 2014

3/20/2014 So Much Spring / More Physical Therapy

Welcome, WELCOME Spring! Happy Vernal Equinox! 

To quote the show I am rehearsing, A New Brain - 
"I feel so much Spring within me
Blow winds, blow
Spring has just begun
And something's taken wing within me
What was dark so long had felt like winter
Finally there's sun
And so I sing
That I Feel So Much Spring"

I do - whenever we sing those lyrics at the end of the piece, goosebumps raise up for me. 
Even though it may be a tiny bit too much too soon, this show is happening at EXACTLY the right time in my life. It connects to so many facets of my life experience and that of those I love the dearest. It  drops my jaw sometimes. 


Back to Physical Therapy today... I had been a bit frustrated - because of the poor scheduling system and overload that the PT team has (they still give great physical therapy, but their scheduling is not very good), I would miss approved appointments because they approve it by week, not by number of appointments. So I'd get a treatment, and there wouldn't be anything available in the time frame needed (I like near the office, but work half an hour out of town), and I'd miss a week, losing the treatment for that week - not able to schedule it for a later time. 

I know - I was annoyed, too.
I had been told earlier that they can't make more than one appointment in advance. 

This time it took over two weeks for insurance to approve my next set of appointmants. I got a little cranky. I apologized to the receptionist, but she was able to get me in to a slot this afternoon, and I was grateful. Then, Ann, my PT, made sure I am scheduled in advance for the next tow weeks/treatments. 
I am so glad that I am covered for it, and that she agrees that I can still use the help. 
I need to get ALL better. I AM better - but I am not able to stand up for long without discomfort/fatigue, and I still have some pain. Not bad - but the goal is NO pain, or as close as we can get to it in my extreme situation (The hip dysplasia was quite a project for my surgeon to fix.) 

So - two more appointments! I am able to stand on one foot on both sides now - and that wasn't possible a couple of weeks ago - so I am working in-between appointments... strength and balance will get me there. 

Some days I am too tired or creaky (stiff/sore) to do all of my whole battery of exercises. Usually that's after I've been sitting for a long period of time the night before, or walking TOO much. 

But the comparison between now and pre-surgery is astounding! 
My whole demeanor is more shiny - I smile and laugh a lot, and am much happier... this is the me I remember! I like her, and I'm glad she's back! 
I am being flirted with right and left, and it feels great! I like good healthy flirting. There's skeevy, sexist  hitting on - that's not this. Being appreciated as a woman. I'm really enjoying it... it feels like I've take thirty years off my age. :) I don't have anything against my age - 55 is swell - but I FELT 85 or more. It wasn't fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!