Sunday, March 30, 2014

3/29/2014 Rest and Relaxation and a Little Theatre and Walking


Today- I slept in very late... it was great. Got in a bit of work on the most complex song in my show, but really relaxed, too. 

I made an odd eggy flourless "bread " recipe (Eggs, cream cheese, salt and baking powder) - I need to try it again - it turned out like a cross between a dry omelette and a thick crepe - I think it's supposed to be thicket. But it was interesting! Easy and inexpensive. 

Took a nap too! I was awakened by the sound of the TV in the other room - an emergency alert for a Tornado Warning on Tahema county not far from here. Oh, climate change. 
Off to the theatre to see a friend's play with my pal Craig - we had a great time. Lots of friends in the cast and we went out for a drink afterward. 
I was easily able to walk to and from the theatre about a block - at first I was concerned, but I realized there was no fatigue or problem - it's a BLOCK! I can and do walk much further than that daily now. I'm having to re-calibrate the idea of how able I am - it's more than I think, and it is important for me to DO what I CAN do. Build strength, balance and flexibility and keep increasing! 

I am very sleepy even after all that rest! thankful that tomorrow I also get to sleep in. afternoon with Mariam and rehearsal in the evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!