Monday, March 3, 2014

3/2/2014

Matinee today - when I got up I was a bit creaky, but the stretching and icing had helped so I was doing pretty well. The scrape on my shin didn't bruise after all - ice is a fine thing. 
Show went well - I wore flat shoes, took extra EXRA care - first time down the stairs of the set, I was fine - not worried. And bless him, young Tylen, who helped me up last night when I fell, was right there on the stairs to watch out for me, and has made it his duty (Without even being asked) to ensure that I make it down the stairs safely for the rest of the run. I'll take it - I appreciate it VERY much, I don't expect I'll need his help, but you know what? I am glad for the safety catch. 

I stopped for groceries - a little sore but OK, no cane... came home to watch the Oscars - ate poorly (I don't usually. But I did. Back to the good stuff tomorrow). Sat watching the Oscars, exhausted... and did the worst thing - sitting for a long time. stretching and ice need to happen before bed. I am VERY sore and stiff all over. Duh. You fall, you're sore. All over. It happens. 

Looking forward to hearing back from Dr. Smith tomorrow to see what he thinks. Also looking forward to seeing my chiropractor, Dr. March, Tuesday. 

I'm so grateful for the next three evenings off. Then it's a Thursday brushup rehearsal for Cannery Row, three shows Friday/Saturday and Sunday - and I start rehearsals for the next one, A New Brain, Monday. 

I was not feeling like I was overdoing getting back on stage until the fall. I need to be back on stage, and I need my lfe back, and that means creating art again. I think this is OK. I'll let you know as we go. 
I won't step out of A New Brain - I *need* to do this role. It means many deep personal things to me, and I need this show now. 
 However, I don't think it'll be a problem. we open in about two months, giving me even more time to heal and get stronger. 

I have iced up, done some of my PT - about to turn in and do some more stretches and my night PT routine. 

SO happy to have tomorow night off.  Tuesday is my Chiro, Wed is my physical therapist. Unless my surgeon tells me otherwise... I'm still betting on a positive reply from him tomorrow. 

Good night. 
-Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!