Wednesday, March 12, 2014

3/11/2014 Wonderful Songs, Healing Shin, Kneeling to Retrieve Sick Kitty from Under the Bed is Now Possible!

This morning I was concerned that my little Electra might be done for. For the first time, she didn't come out from under the bed. I got down on my hands and knees and reach way under the bed, and thought she might be a goner - but when I started to pull her out, she resisted. Much relief! I got her out and gave her some food and water. She was sitting on the back of the couch enjoying the sunshine when I left for work, relieved.

But did you see it up there? "I got down on my hands and knees and reach way under the bed. "

I shared this story with Jt - I said, "If you had not gleaned this (not bloody likely that you didn't ) the operative part of the story is 'I also was able to get on my hands and knees and reach under my bed to...' 
And stand up from that position with arms full of cat. That part came as a little surprise to me, as I was able to do it from muscle memory rather than effort. "

His response: "Oh yeah, I got that part. You see, the more you can, the more you can!"
Love that response! Simple truths are the best truths!
I think I want that tattooed on one of my thighs, underlined by a surgery scar!!

Work was very very hectic and juggernaut-busy. But having given Mariam a lift to work motivated me to get out of the house earlier, and I was able to leave a bit earlier. a quick dinner and off to rehearsal - ah - the good ol' Theatre schedule with a day job!
Normally, it makes me tired and it completely worth it.
It is still totally worth it... but I may just take a short break from it this summer, however much I want to participate on the beautiful Amphitheater Stage up in Murphys, Ca - Murphys Creek Theatre.

I love the place with all my heart - the people, the wee wonderful Gold Rush town and the amphitheater on a winery in a canyon in the Sierra Foothills - nothing bad about that at all.

But perhaps, my dance party at the end of May and a nice restful summer spent continuing to build my strength are my best rewards after I've completed this wonderful role!

That said, rehearsal went well - we chose the most challenging song in the show to learn first - a wonderful jazz-harmonied piece called "Heart and Music". At first it was a little rocky, but once we figured out who was to sing which lines of harmony (It is tricky to be sure! at one point ten people are singing delicious, dissonant-to-resolving seven part chords! By the end of the evening, we were ON IT, and it sounded *great*!

And I am not, just for the records, a diva. My dear friends just like to tease me that I am. :D
(Had a little trouble with the first part of the song and got a little frustrated... but I am always apologetic, and I do not throw fits. I think that might be why it's funny. I have learned long ago that I am fun to tease, and I'll take it. :)

Oh! Here is a thing: for a few years I have had, on and off, anosmia to varying degrees (Lack of sense of smell). Now, I love good food, a dI LOVE the scent of flowers and one of my favorite things in life is how the midtown Sacramento air is perfumed with the most astonishing scents - cherry and plum blossoms, wee garden flowers - Sweet Alyssum smells strongly of honey! gardenias, star Jasmine, and - 
and the most glorious - my favorite scent - Orange Blossoms.
Well - I have noticed that in teh lst week or so, my nose seemed particularly clear! I do not know what did it, but my old BLOOD HOUND sense of smell seems to have returned! I love to smell 
and taste things again - it's like a lovely gift of the Spring.

Also, the shin scrape is healing well and fast. I just wish wish WISH that damn foot would stop swelling like a balloon!! I have no clue what I am doing wrong - other than needing it elevated as soon as I'm off it, and as often as possible. But it is healing up well - it twinges as it heals. But it heals!

Right then - off to bed. not even going to pretend it's "early". lights won't be out before 1:45 - but at least I expect I'll sleep! :)

For the record - I LOVE my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!