Sunday, March 16, 2014

3/14 and 3/15/14 busyness, tired, and Spring is here.

3/14/14 and 3/15/14

Yesterday was a very tired Friday  - I worked, jotted home and ate, fed the cats, and off to the theatre. 

The ding on my shin is healing - definitely doing well, and stopped hearting that way it had been .Smaller, but pretty ugly. 
People gasped when they looked at it. I was a little surprised - it's not that bad - but there it is. 

I got around well. My left knee had actually re-joined the right in being cranky = I'm working on why that is, an dhow not to have it happen. Perhaps I still need to use the cane a bit more - I've been using it very minimally. 

**********************

Today, Saturday, I slept in late, ate, dawdled a bit, wahsed my hair and Mariam brought over her adorable new Honda Fit - on her way home from buying it! AFORABLE. Very smooth-riding. 
We made a foray to the grocery store in it - good fun. 

Also - Safeway is expensive and their produce isn't great, but it is leff expensive in some things. I needed protein, fruit and veg, soem non-Co-op things - I didn't use my cane. 

The show was pretty good. a few wee stutters - but it's live theatre. That's how is works, sometimes. 
Soem good friends came to the show and it was great to see them! Peter and David hadn't seen me since before surgery #1. They have kept up with my progress on Facebook they were very touched to see me climb the stairs and stand and walk around. :) 

Today was the most stunning weather - 81 degrees and my skin love it so!!! it felt glorious - I love walking around the world without a coat or sweater - it feels free and deicious. Another reason I truly love living where I do - even when the temperature get above 100 degrees. 

It is late (No shock) I am so tired, and I hate having to resist nodding off during the show - as I am fully lit and onstage the entire time. 
So off I go. Tomorrow is a matinee and we are called at 12:30. No rest for the wicked. 

I was really hoping to perform in Murphys this summer (a beautiful Gold rush Mountain town where I do theatre with some great friends). It is their 20th anniversary, and I wanted to join them, but I think I should wait until next season and ACTUALLY pace myself, as I said I was going to - and as I NEED to. It is required for this healing process - and I can feel the stress of going from one opening to starting rehearsals two weeks later. This is comthing I am used to doing, so I was sure it isn't a problem. It isn't a BIG problem, and it's a role I've wanted for some time. But - yes. A rest is due. 

It will give more time to do a couple of special poetry projects and wok with Jt on the Cabaret we have been planning, but that is very different from a full rehearsal schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!