Thursday, March 6, 2014

3/5/2014 PT today, and a Quiet Evening

Still not sleeping enough - mornings are HARD - which then turn into much too sleepy afternoons. I've added a small coffee back to my afternoons, and that's not a great thing - heart palpitations always tell me when I've have caffeine after about 2 pm. They're generally harmless (My heart is is great shape) but annoying. 

I had physical therapy this evening - Ann was very kind and helpful about the fall from Saturday - and as we went  through the balance and stretching exercises, she was pretty well able to tell I hadn't damaged the joints in the fall. 
She has had patients have that happen, and so is familiar with it. She is putting in for my sessions, and my next should be in about two weeks. 
ultrasound on my right knee and ice on the scraped shin right knee and lower back. 

Then it was home and relaxing. I put on a pot of chili to cook (cubed pork, because it was the least expensive cut of stew mean at the Co-op  -it cooked up beautifully tender and tasty). 
I had the gumption to finally watch 12 Years a Slave. I was happily surprised to find it was no-charge RENTAL (I think I got a Two Free Movies something or other from Roku) - always nice on the budget!. (Yes - I paid my portion of two hip replacements, and it weren't cheap. Every Little bit helps!) 

Nature treated us to a lovely thunderstorm  - it was blazing and rumbling away out my big picture window! I love a good thunderstorm! 
Fun to see my Facebook pals post about it arriving at their houses, as it swept its way across the Central Valley and made it here! A good gully-washer, with lots of exciting flash and boom - on in particular was VERY close and a real window-shaker! 

Deborah is doing great with her new hip! She took a good down-the -hall - and-back walk today, and if all goes according to plan, she'll be home tomorrow morning! 
I'm so proud of her - she's a champ! 

Right, then - good night, people! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!