Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/7/2014 and 3/8/2014 caution visit to the doc,, theatre musing - Daylight Saving: Spring Forward on My... grrrr

Friday - The scrape I got on my shin last Saturday has not bruised, because I got ice on it right away, and have been using Traumeel gel ( Arnica, etc.) on it, but it has been getting redder around the actual wound, and the foot has been sweling more than usual. Not more painful, no other signs that might be infection - but I when you have two recently installed hips, guessing about an infection is a bad idea. Being Friday and not wanting to wait the weekend, I called my primary care doc in the morning and was lucky to get an appointment at 11:20! I called in to my boss an decided to spend the day with my feet up until the appointment and the show. 
The appointment went well, and Dr. Norene said it is not infected. I'm very, very glad. 
It was good to have a day or rest. 

The show went - mostly well. A few issues with an improvisational guitar player - improv does NOT work when you are coordinated within  scenes and singing and playing between actor's lines. It hAS to be the same every. Night. He threw me off, and the scene had a minor train wreck. That is not acceptable. The director called a Band Meeting at intermission and was - erm - EMPHATIC. It was a gooood thing. 
I don't know if he will get it, but act two went well. We are a team. he has a hard time with that concept. 
Went out for a nosh with friends after - and home, *beat*. 

Saturday
Another quietish day - slept in. Not even sure what else I did... it mostly ahd to do with feet being up! 
The show went pretty well tonight - more friends came to see it and it was lovely to see them. 

I do have a little bit more pain in both hips - nothing that I think I should be alarmed about after talking to my Surgeon after the fall, but I do feel a *little* set back. not quite as smooth of gait... how terribly annoying!!! 
From a single ridiculous catch of the heel... ARGH!!  And so it goes. Nothing terrible, but small frustrations. 
Annnnd - MOVING FORWARD! 

Tonight is Daylight Saving - springing ahead... blech. Al early "get-to-know-you" brunch with the cast of the next show, "A New Brain", which starts rehearsal Monday. Frankly, I wish there were another week or so before, but no regrets! I am grateful for the role, and for the fact that I can DO the role! 

Some merry chatting with Jt from his far-away holiday(where they do NOT practice Daylight Saving!)  - always spirit- lifting! 

A



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!