Thursday, March 13, 2014

3/12/2014 Cane-free More and More, Spring Approaches.

Hard working day - but it makes them go by quickly. 

I posted this to Jt - 

"A thought as I was just walking across the floor at the office, and I turned it up to a smooth stride, and just moved rit 'round a corner with no need to slow down ( for so long is was almost a military turn- stop, pivot, move on) -it feels as if I am driving a new car! I have heard you use the metaphor before, of maintaining your body as you would your car- and boy howdy am I feeling how apt it is!

VROOOOOOOOM!"

His response:
"A well-maintained body comes with a life-time warranty."

I appreciate him vastly!

Good rehearsal - I stood up for the sing-through of one song and sort of semi danced through the whole thing - more like standing and shakin' it, but it felt great!

I spent about 90 percent of the day with out my cane - and that includes a quick trip through the co-op!

I'm very pleased!

I was tired (and still am), but it wasn't bad! Just a little sore, and I'm now able to walk without a limp, if I focus and concentrate, and not much pain! It feels just wonderful!!!

The Spring is actually here now - after a very strange winter alternating between unseasonably very warm days and unheard-of (for this region) freezing days, and drought, it's been weird.
But the feeling in the air is Real Spring.
I step out of the house in the morning to hear my neighborhood mocking birds singing it in, and I can manage without a jacket some mornings...
and at work I try to at least dip out the back door for a few minutes at lunch time to soak up the delicious, nourishing sunshine.

The office is cold, so coming out into the brighter day's end is heavenly. The warmth on my skin feels like a bath, and every impulse is to be naked in it! Having spent so much time indoors this winter, I am craving the warmth.
The Sacramento Summer will come to burn soon enough, but I think I am coming to adjust to it - finally! The cold is not for me - at least normally (Or anyway, the old climate normal ) this is not cold weather territory.

I must put my feet up and get to bed soon. Adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!