Monday, March 17, 2014

3/16/2014 Tired, But Feeling Good / Mojo's Back!

I am so tired. Some times I would still be in Rest mode - but I don't regret my choices of being back in my artistic endeavors and community. 

I looked at myself in the mirror in the car just to check my makeup - and I looked great! Youthful, even! I had just finished the show (which went very well and had our biggest audience yet - on a Sunday Matinee, yet!) and talked to some really lovely friends who came to see the performance, so I was smiling and happy... and I looked great. 
This is not about vanity, but my growing health and vitality - even if I am tired! 

In my experience, when one is disabled or in great pain or ill, you tend to disappear to the other gender. IOf course we're hard-wired to that, I guess - you don't pick a mate who isn't healthy and able to carry their side of hte relationship, make babies blah blah blah... yes.. but it's pretty demoralizing and not so much fun. I am a sassy, vital woman, and it's so good to have that mojo back. Really good! I don't feel ignored by my dear ones, of course - but there is a shift in relationships. it's necessary... I've experienced that from both sides. 
It's just wonderful to be back and firing on most of my cylinders, and getting 'em tuned up all the time. 

I was pointedly, cheerfully flirted with at Safeway today. I must say - it was nice! I was not interested, but it he was funny about it, and it was a real boost. I walked all about the grocery store, left my cane in the car even. I needed to get Corned Beef and Cabbage ingredients. :) 
I'm baking it this year - I remember having it that way, topped with sweet hot mustard and brown sugar - *divine*! 
SO, home, took two heavy bags of groceries up, unloaded them, and dealt with the cat box and took a very heavy garbage can down - the regular way, leaning on the rail for safety, but hands both holding the trash can, not ooching it down a few steps at a time. 
I need to do some housekeeping - but time will not permit it until next sunday - after a LONG weekend (four shows, including two on Saturday) .
Fortunately, i won't be having company over until after that. Ui - my apartment is a mess. 
Thank goodness the season is changing - it was over 81 degrees today - glorious! - because I can switch to summer clothes, whilst the winter clothes await a laundry trip. 

This entry is written early in the evening instead of my usual ludicrous late, LATE hour - I had a bit of time, and really dearly want to sleep at a decent time - at least before midnight. I'm off to get the Corned beef into the oven and the cabbage etc. on the stove, so it'll all be ready for dinner tomorrow - between work and rehearsal.

Happy Spring, readers! 

Don't forget - Please don't hesitate to ask questions or comment. 
Thanks - Martha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!