Friday, March 28, 2014

3/28/2014 First Weekend After Closing cannery Row, and - a Little Dancing!

My facebook status this evening: 
"It's funny to to have an evening off to rest (and maybe work on a song or two) but feel antsy, too - of course, that is the normal "Friday after closing" feeling. I usually plan something that following week so I don't feel the end of a show so acutely, but I really needed the night down. 
Also - um - I may have danced a few dance steps in the women's room today at work (No one else was in there- a nice smooth floor, and I just needed to see...)! I got in a couple of good ol' box steps, a few *little* hop-steps, a couple of waltz combos and even a turn! Gently. The turn might have been a little much, but it wasn't *bad*. One finds one's limits in such things. So - that happened!"

That pretty much sums it up! 

It felt fantastic after a day that was pretty pain-free, with only two Tylenol in the morning, to take those few little dance steps. I feel the things I think I can do coming on... I gingerly try them, and if I can't quite do them yet, I try again in a few days. Usually that's when they come. I'll take to my Physical Therapist Monday. I still have that barked shin - it's healing more every day, but it was deeper in the center than I realized. the foot is still swelling, but I THINK maybe a bit less. 

But - it looks like I'll be ready for that dance party I'm throwing in late May! Might get in a few practice steps with my dancer friend first, if he's game - and he's pretty much game to dance any time!

I have frittered away my evening - made and ate some dinner, and farted around. 
That's an evening off - and I haven't have a single one in weeks. Well - those Sundays during the run of the show that we closed last weekend, but they were after matinees. 

I made very sure to keep my mornings free this weekend so I can sleep as long as possible. I really, REALLY need it. 
The activities I do have planned are relaxing and fun - seeing a friends show tomorrow night, meeting Mariam for a late lunch Sunday - and then rehearsal Sunday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!