Monday, March 17, 2014

3/17/2014 My St. Paddy's Day

A tired but pretty good day. Beautiful outside - I made it out at lunch and studied my music for A New Brain - it was just beautiful. SO good to feel the sunshine on my skin (through dappled shade). THe wisteria - one of my favorite flowers - was blooming, beautifully.

I was more stiff today... who knows?? Needed the cane more, knees were pretty cranky.
One thing I keep forgetting to mention is how fast the big nasty scrape on my shin is healing! I am really grateful for the quick healing my body is capable of. I chalk it up to a good healthy diet full of veggies,  good supplements, and attention to my skin. Coconut Oil with a little touch of Palmer's liquid Cocoa butter goes on my skin every day. I've been sing a combo of that and neosporin and some Arnica gel (for bruising) on my shin. It has helped a lot! the would is almost gone, the redness is diminishing in size and fading. YAY! I really did a number on it in that little ol' fall - but I'm REALLY grateful that that's all that happened, plus a week of sore muscles.

I have a chiropractic appointment tomorrow. And a massage next week. I NEED 'em!

Rehearsal was good - I was absent when the rest of the cast learned a pretty tricky song - the jazz chords in this piece - A New Brain by William Finn - are INCREDIBLE - and very tight, complex stuff to learn! I got my stuff on tape at least - whooo hah! But once you get it - it's amazing - delicious! - to sing together!!

I'm tired. I have a cat to medicate... it's 11:33. Let's see it I can do any better than last night at gettign some sleep.

And yes - I really really do know how important sleep is.
Ui - I gotta busy life.  I'm just glad the theatre is three minutes from my house.

Oh - and the Corned Beef (Baked with a honey mustard and brown sugar crust)  and Cabbage were delicious - and will be for a couple of more nights at least!

OK y'all - short 'n' sweet tonight. I'm going to go ice up. And drug a cat. (She's improving!)

-M


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!