Saturday, January 18, 2014

1/17/2014 After a Week Back at Work - Knackered.

Last evening was well spent, dining with a fine friend and seeing good theatre. I walked quite a lot, and pretty well. 
Today I paid the price for it. Mostly to do with fatigue/ lack of sleep... As the day wore on, I wore out. I somehow made it to 5:30 at work, and headed home with a *quick grocery stop... Knowing full well that the special party I had planned to attend was not in the cards. It took a while to muster the gumption to  get dinner made, but I broiled Cauliflower and a lamb blade chop. It was very tasty. 

Iced my joints and muscles, did ten minutes on the exer-bike and hobbled about a bit.
I was disappointed to miss the party, but I am glad I listened to my body,. Pushing the envelope is ok- but learning when to push and when to settle down and relax for once. Good choice!!

I did manage to make an appointment for the outpatient physical therapist, so I'm happy about that! 
But just. Beat!!! 
Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow- I get to go for my first massage since before Thanksiving- hurrrrah! That should help considerably .

Ok- time to sleep! 


*Note - at least a "quick grocery stop" is possible now - as is a "quick shower", etc. Being able to move about in the world at more than an agonized snail's pace s really a beautiful thing. When I get in my car, I open the door, sit (Still using a plastic bag for easy sliding - fabric seat cushions and all) swing both legs in in one quick, smooth motion, and no pain. 
I smile at that every single time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!