Sunday, January 12, 2014

1/12/2014 - the Final Sunday Before Going back to Work


My FB Status today: 

"It's my last day before returning to work - it's been a long - yet LIGHTENING FAST! - six weeks since Hip #2 had it's day in surgery - Normal is more Normal every day. (I like to think of it as the new Mindful Normal ).
Going to the store in a bit, to pick up a plain single cane (The old Quad has been helpful, but it's heavy and cumbersome now that I'm moving much faster now -kicking it is not so safe! ) and pick up something for my friend Mariam- I am so tickled to be going to visit HER (And even helping back even a wee bit - though I know it's not required, but it feels GREAT to!!!). Tonight spending a little time with knitting pals, and then catching some choice tv... a good way to spend a Normal Sunday!"

I went to lunch with friends David and Keith it was good to see them. Then, a friend offered me a collapsible cane she didn't need - much appreciated! Off to Rite Aid, got Mariam what she needed, and over to visit her! Nice to be able to go to her - she was here so much caring for me, especially for Surgery #1 - and now she lives 5 blocks away). 
Tried the new cane, and I think it may be a little TOO light, yet - but I'm keeping it for when I'm ready, which should be soon. 

I spent a bit of time teaching a friend's friend how to tat (Hand-made lace), and visiting with old and new knitting pals, then home again - a nice wee bit of walking throughout the day which made up for not taking a specific walk (I'll get on the exercise bike and do more PT before bed...) 
I plan to watch the Sherlock special at 10, and be in bed by midnight. I really want to be at work at a decent time and get into that habit so I'm not there until 6 any more - I am definitely MUCH better able to get redy for work so much faster now!! HURRAH!

It's not quite real that I return to work again tomorrow  - 
"New Mindful Normal" seems to sum it up. I plan to keep it that way - if I don't lern things and continue to grow from this life changing experience, shame on me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!