Monday, January 6, 2014

1/5/2014 - A Quieter Day


A quieter day, nice for a Sunday, though I still found it  bit easier to walk through the day - prepared lunch and dinner without the cane and mostly standing - wonderful! 
I did a good PT session in the morning... Learned some song lyrics for my next show... 
made some breakfast (not necessarily in that order).

My friend Andee came over in the afternoon - a casual Sunday, "Whenever you feel like it" kind of hanging out. 
It's been a while since there was a lot of that - not "Can you go to the store for me?", or "Can you come help me with some things around the house?" etc... 
The friends I've asked have all sincerely offered their help, and I know how I would feel if someone I care about needed help I could provide and did ask for it... 

But it feels good to just ask someone to come over and hang out! 
I confess, I do still need help getting full trash bags out and down the stairs to the trash bins, and Andee knows that and volunteered, bless her for a wonderful friend! 

I watched the season premiere of Downton Abbey, chatted with friends a good bit - there's a lovely Facebook game simply meant to get poetry in front of people - you "like" my status with poems I posted and I assign you a poet to choose as poem or two by. It' great - several friends participated, and it was great getting yo know poets better. 

I will do a bit more PT before bed - unfortunately I didn't get on the Exercycle today. 
I didn't exactly slack, and I got up and stretched and walked inside a bit more that usual, but it was good to get a little rest, too. 
I cannot possibly go into lazy mode at this stage of the recovery - it is far, FAR too important - THIS Is my chance to recover and get better as well and soon as possible, and I will NOT squander that. This is the rest of my life I am talking abut, and I have SO much to do! 

Tomorow. I have an ice cream date with my lovely friend Gay (Who is one of the several "Bionic Sisters/Brothers" in our theatre circles - and we are not all older, by a LONG shot!) It will be wonderful for us both to get out in the world and enjoy each other's company!  I plan to make part of that a walk, as well - her elbow replacement doesn't hinder her walking much (other than arthritis and its effects), but I think we'll have a nice little walk together. It has been eerily warm - a drought, actually, here in Northern California  but I will appreciate the better aspects of that, which have meant that I could get out in the sunshine almost every day, and not have to worry about wet leaves, slippery sidewalks etc. The Silver Lining. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!