Friday, January 3, 2014

1/2/2014 Frustrations and Little Victories

I slept  in nicely - only once nighttime trip to the loo. 
Awoke to take my Tylenol... 

Got up at about 11 - decadent, but lovely! It is wonderful to sleep in increasing comfort! For SO LONG it was my irritated knee (or my bum!) that continued to wake me at night - the bursa was very annoyed by holding up pretty much the whole operation of my body, since the hips were just not up to it any more. 

A rude neighbor just interrupted my day with a VERY obnoxious banging on my door - apparently someone had put a table and chairs in front of our apartment, and somehow it ended up in from of his house. He was angry, and decided to come and be rude to whomever was home in my 4-plex and assume it was one of us... thanks for making me go to the door and then yelling at me from halfway down the stairs as if 1 - we all knew what the others did, 2 - I were the culprit  (I decided not to bother showing him that it was virtually impossible for it to have been me, and 3. it was OK to scream at people next to whom you live, even if you don't like the look of my apartment building. 
Way to build a friendly neighborhood, AssHat. 

Anyhow! - I made a nice breakfast of scrambled eggs with my sister's home made tomato-ginger jam mixed in, a couple of chicken apple sausages and some blueberries and a Mandarin orange. 

I'm SLOWLY downloading a streamed version of the season 3 episode 1 of Sherlock - a huge clliffhanger of a wonderful series released on BBC last night... so far it's taken about an hour and a half for the first 30 minutes (or 90) - I'm really hoping that once it's down downloading it will actually play smoothly for me. 
Trying to check the stream without looking at the screen and spoiling it! (and hoping I didn't screw up my signing up for one page that required CC information and ended up not working... gotta keep an eye on my bank account - oy. I never do that, but I was blinded by the excitement!) 

I am having some very annoying difficulty getting onto the proper page of the California State Disability website to transfer funds from my disability account (It is on a debit card with Bank of America) to my own bank account to pay my rent. It is a terribly set-up website, and I am a WEB MANAGER by trade - I am internet savvy. A few friends on facebook came to my rescue... but it seems that this time, to avoid a big late fee on my rent, I will have to go to the atm and withdraw the cash and deposit it into my own account. This is ridiculous - what part of "disability" do they not understand?? 
*sigh*. 
And so - I got in the car - drove to the B of A. Should have just gone in, but walked - all the way around the building - to the ATM - of course it wouldn't give me all I needed so - inside I went. SO many extra painful steps, and ten minutes'  standing in line... Thank goodness the cashier was kind enough to give me the cash easily - no questions of problems. Took it to my own bank's ATM and deposited it. Tomorrow I send the check - I was sorry I didn't have envelopes in the car to send it immediately. But it's done, and ouch. But there it is. 

Came home, the download of Sherlock didn't work - found a better streaming site and GOT IT! Had a great time watching it - brilliant as always! I'll watch it on PBS when it first airs here on Jan 19, but it was really FUN to see it! 
Then ate a lovely dinner of leftover chicken and veg stir-fried with lots of greens! Putting together meals and moving around the kitchen is getting easier by the day. I can stand for MUCH longer than I have in ages, and I can just bent safely over and pick up dropped items. My sister got my kitchen tidies and cleaned up, and since I no longer need everything on the countertops within reach,  it's lovely to have it looking so much nicer. It's a small kitchen anyway, and counter space is at a premium. 

After dinner, I took a nice long shower - and now that I am well-off Coumadin, I shaved my underarms!! It's a bit like wearing makeup and jewelry again - starting to feel more and more "normal". 

Relaxed most of the evening, but have also been working hard to be sure to get up and move around... I really need a moderate few days without having to deal with too much walking... over doing isn't good at all, but today was sort of no other choice. Thank you, State disability. 

I'll go ice myself for a bit (and perhaps some heat, too) even though it's late,and hit the hay.

Shawna will be here at 11 am for my PT, and I want to be as rested up and sort of repaired from today as possible, to accomplish more, not move backwards! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!