Friday, January 24, 2014

1/23/2014 Work and Play - the Hard and the Soft of it


I had a hard time waking up this morning - first time.. I really need to stay on top of that. 
But - I refused to let being late be an excuse to skip PT. NOTHING is more important than gettign stronger and healing. Pt does not get skipped, ever. Some of the standing exercises maybe, but I am getting a lot of standing/walking PT, and I do several of them at work throughout the day. 

Hard day at work - my manager is a wonderful person - I am SO lucky she is my boss... but today, she had SO MUCH coming at her from SO many angles, she lost her cool for a while. I compared notes with a fellow junior of hers, and we both got it... she was just stretched too thin, and it was definitely geting to her. So we chalked it up to stress, and sure enough, by the end of the day, she was back to her great self again. We plan to find her a nice bottle of wine as a thank you/we get it gift. 
But it was a little rough, so I was pretty tired. 

But - not too tired to get over to my dear friend David's to take him a couple of bags of clothes, donated by a coworker's brother - David's bedroom, containing every possession he owned - burned last week. This wonderful community has absolutely rallied around him, and I was so thrilled to be one of the people who could take him some stylish and comfortable clothes - shirts, jeans and shoes. He loved them, and was so grateful. 
That was a real pick-me-up - being able to deliver them - to help someone else (though I didn't give the clothes, I did solicit them! ) after so very, very long not being able to do pretty much ANYTHING for myself, and having such an indescribable amount of kind help. Paying it forward was absolutely wonderful. 

Off to a music rehearsal of Cannery Row - found a great parking place - I LOVE the wonderful Parking Karma I have always had, especially in these days! - and it was a great rehearsal. We got through almost everything (not including one song we are still trying to find music for) and it was really fun. 
SInging again is just MAGICAL! It feeds my soul, and having this much progress so soon  - we don't even open for another fiver weeks! - is wonderful too! 
I had a great conversation with a great friend with whom I am planning a cabaret show - we both had fresh new ideas for it, and are more committed to making it happen than every before! Thrilling! 
 
Life is starting to fire on it's cylinders more smoothly every day. 
Also, today - less pain yet  - and getting around yet better! 

Dinner plans were made for tomorrow evening with some of my favorite people - it's a reunion for three of them, so it should be a happy. lively and jolly night! 
And I cannot wait to show them how well I am getting around - the last time they each saw me, I was on the walker, still. I love showing off how well I'm moving through the world. 
Jt knows body mechanics, and is very, very astute, so I must keep my presence of mind and stay on top of moving correctly, smoothly - he'll call me on it if I don't, and I love that. Really appreciate it. 
That said - it IS the end of the night and I have been sitting quite a lot.. so I'll wobble of to bed in just a bit - pt, and then sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!