Monday, January 20, 2014

1/20/2014 Good mornings, Good Rehearsals, Tired Evenings

This morning I as able to get up, ready, and out the door to get to work earlier that I have in - a year? more? IT was great to clock in at 9:04 - yes - that's early for me. Of course, my usual 9:30 or later keeps me there until 6-ish - and I am so tired of that - and I am in rehearsals now, so need to get a move on. 
I probably walked more that I should - the upstairs kitchenette was closed, so I made a fairly long walk unnecessarily to get coffee and water. At lunch, I walked around considerably more that necessary, too - I am used to planning every step for efficiency - and today I just let that go, as I was getting around well. 
By the time I got off work, I was feeling it. 

We had a great music rehearsal for Cannery Row - our two young musicians - Nathan, about 19 or 20, and Tylen, 15 (!) are really, really good. It was just as Luther (The bassist and my good friend, who is my generation, and also the head of the theatre department ) and I were hoping - it went smoothly, and was great fun! We sang through several songs - more than half of them! - coordinating the cues and what is needed in the show - most of the time we are just singing a verse or so.
the boys really got creative, and were flexible and able to transpose when needed. Great, creative fun!
I was able to park close, and the walk was not very far. I probably should have stood and stretched - we were working solid for a bit over two hours, and I was stiff afterward, for sure. 

I love that this is a piece where I don't have to learn all of the music - most of it, I am very familiar with, and more than half of it, I have been working on learning in advance.  It 's a little bit of luxury to be able to concentrate nearly from the beginning on quality, instead of having to learn all of the music.
Great 1930's standards, most of them.
I get to sing the line "Down the road of life we'll fly, automobubbling, you and I!" Could it be more fun that that?

I had tacos for dinner last night and tonight - not good enough. Home-made, with quality ingredients, but I need real vegetables, and lots of them. They take more time to cook, but I really need to make that happen. I hope I can tomorrow night - I have some post-op-time leftovers thawing for tomorrow night's dinner, and I hope to cook some eggplant, cauliflower or kale to go with them. 

My sister Toni has finally made her way home from her travels here on the Left Coast. We had a good phone call today, and I love catching her up on all my progresses. She is so proud and enthusiastic for me - it makes it personal, going through it with someone. It feels great to tell her about my newest accomplishments. 

Of course, tonight, I am creaky and sore and tired. The left hip is actually pretty painful - not BIG painful, but more than it's been. I dearly hop this is because I am doing more and more, and exercising more, walking more, etc. 

I will drop Dr. Smith a note - it may mean yet another unplanned trip for more s-rays to make sure that all is well. 
I think about all of the X-rays I have had and will yet have as this process happens - it seems like a lot. 
I hope it isn't an issue - I dearly hope my surgeon would have that in mind. I trust him completely. 
I may ask him about that, too. 

Really I just want to be walking. All the time. No cane, and no pain. **Patience, patience, patience.**

I am very tired, and that always makes it a little tougher to deal with what seems to me a fairly consistent late- night issue of feeling a little less enthusiastic or bright, and the little worries about the later-day fatigue and soreness weigh a little heavier. 
I expect this is all very normal. 

And, since there is a company-wide meeting in the morning which I need to really get there early for, I need to wrap it up here and get some sleep.

Adieu!
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!