Sunday, January 12, 2014

1/12/2013 Beginning to Crave the Company of People

It was a good day... Slept alright, listened to some favorite NPR Programs...

Around 1:00 my lovely friend Melita arrived for a visit - we talked and talked - Since Deborah has passed away, even though I have many good friends, I have craved a certain kind of Woman's conversation. Melita and I hit a lot of the same wavelengths, and it is wonderful to visit with her. 

We took a good walk - across U Street and 20 or so feet down and back - so almost two blocks. A lovely overcast day - we even received some badly needed rain today, though not nearly enough. 
I did get some more PT done this evening - I need to strengthen especially the right Gluteus Medeus muscle - that's the one that's holding me up. 

After Melita left, I did feel some loneliness. It'll be really nice to spend days among co-workers, and be in rehearsals creating with other people. I have social activities tomorrow evening, Thursday and Friday.
But I do feel the need for intimate long conversations. A few special people in my life are very good at them, and they have been occupied with many situations. 

This too is a part of my Normal. Many friends, lots of love in my life, but periods of loneliness. 
Welcome to the Human Race, I suppose. I know it could be much, much worse - and I do count my many blessings... but there it is. 


Now the challenge is Balance, Patience, and Mindfulness... 

I hope to get back to Yoga soon - perhaps find a physical therapy swimming pool - that's a challenge for time... My first massage post-op will be next Saturday. 
and remember NOT to get too stressed and wrapped up in activity that I lose the balance of looking after myself.  

Carrying on into the month and life... bills to pay, things to start dealing with again... a bit of work on the car as soon as taxes come back... I asked for Normal! 
And I welcome it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!