Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1/27/2014 A Quiet Night at Home

I woke up feeling the effects of staying up too late - very tired -  but was out of the house in decent time. 
Hurrah for increasing mobility! 

A day of hard work, but not a hard day... 
home at a decent time... a somewhat inactive evening. 
I had hoped to see a Fado artist whom I like, performing in Folsom, but I knew it would be too much, so home it was. 
Mostly a night of tv - and learning the deeply sad news of hte passing of a hero of mine, Pete Seeger. There is a big hole in the world tonight. 

I am pretty physically sore tonight... I imagine it has to do with lack of sleep and not much movement tonight. I did get up and stretch, but not enough, I think. I just need to get to bed do my night PT and get to sleep. 
I expect I'll be a bit less creaky tomorrow - it sees to be how it goes. 

I find that I am stepping up one-step rises (Curbs, the step up from my living room and kitchen, etc.) with my right foot as much as with my left, a natural occurrence, and, while I am paying attention, I am letting it happen when it wants to, because it means that it is stronger and does want to. I still notice, when I see my reflection walking without the cane a little at a time, that my right leg tends to bend somewhat outward from the knee down, so I am trying to concentrate on walking with my feet closer together and the leg straighter. Hoping it will mend up pretty soon, the cranky thing. 
This is why I still need to go to outpatient physical therapy - to tackle that last home stretch. 

I read a Chinese horoscope today about this year being the year of the Fire Horse - and how it will bring us out of a darkness of the last two tumultuous, terrible years. I have been feeling that for so long, that 2014 holds energy, love, hope, prosperity, burgeoning health and promise of happiness - it has been coming in clear waves to me for some time. Good to have a little backup on that, whatever you believe. 

Goodnight, Irene - I'll see you in my dreams... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!