Wednesday, January 22, 2014

12/22/2014 Another Day of Better.


Let's see...
I got in to work before several others today - it's fun to see their reaction ( I'm getting in at leave 30 minutes before I have been, as I can get ready much more nimbly now). 
Worked hard loading in websites - they are changing my web platform and there's quite a flurry.  Still pretty tired at the end of the day.

I did sit out on the patio at work soaking up beautiful, delicious sunshine. It felt divine - it may be unseasonable warm here in California, while we have a terrible drought, and the rest of the nation is frozen solid and snowing beyond reason - but the sunshine just felt great. And I'll take that, since I cannot do anything to change it, and enjoying it does no harm! 

Met two dear friends for dinner - good food, great company. It's been a while since we've caught up. 
I got Gluten- bombed for the first time that I know of in some time. I've been very careful to avoid it, as an auto-immune response was the last thing I wanted during surgery time. 
BUT - I forgot to specify gluten-free Bread - my friend was so generous as to not only treat, but to save me a few steps to place my order. It's a vegan and partly gluten-free restaurant, and she thought they were all GF, too - it looks like it! But *I* forgot to specify - I only took one bite, but we suddenly realized that it wasn't GF bread. She was so apologetic - and it was entirely my error! We got it sorted, and I am hoping that the one bit was little enough not to have much of a effect. Fortunately, it's ben a while, and my system is pretty strong and healthy by now. No harm done - but it was just a moment of "Oh, crap!" 
It was a wonderful evening, though, and I look forward to seeing them again soon! They only live a block and a half up the street! We've been busy. :) 

Home again, and a little R&R - to bed soon. Rehearsal tomorrow night, and I need to keep from getting too exhausted. Perhaps my worst discipline - getting to bed at  decent time. Otherwise I do pretty well - but bedtime - oy. 

Also - a little TMI follow-up - my whole raw- bum issue seems to *finally, finally* be clearing up. It has been very much back-and-forth. good for a while, and then flaring for one reason and another. It seems all those tissues have calmed, finally - sitting is comfortable most anywhere and for long periods of time ( though my joints are a bit stiff if I don't move about a bit). this is really such a big relief! a big part of feelign "normal" again... bit by bit! 

"Baby steps - we accept 'em as legal tender around here." 
                                                   -Me

With that, I bid you adieu. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!