Tuesday, January 28, 2014

1/25/2014 a Lovely Social Saturday (Skipped a day so we're a little out of order)


A fine Saturday! My friend Mariam has moved to the neighborhood, and this morning she walked over the 1/2 mile to my place and we had coffee and visited, and a nice walk about two and half blocks! 

I wasn't sore from wearing heals last night or sitting and visiting out on the restaurant patio, and felt pretty rested (Slept about 3:30 am to 8, then back to sleep till 10:30). 
Awoke still wonderfully energized from the terrific time last night! 

After Mariam left, I got ready for a Tardis Tea party :) Lots of my friends are big Dr. Who fans - we in the theatre tend to embrace our Geek - I found a character I could dress as pretty easily - River Song - curly hair, jeans, a collared white shirt, leather jacket and a prop gun... researching her, I realized I picked a complex and bad-ass character! LOVE the women in Dr. Who stories. 
Had a *great* time at the party - it felt like I was participating in the party - getting my own food, etc, moving around pretty easily (Only a little on the cane), where as, up to now, most of the events I ahve attended, though fun, and through o one's behavior, felt a bit like I was out of the loop... hard to describe it, but being unable to move easily, having to depend on people for plates or drinks, hauling the walker around, etc., just made me feel set apart. Friends have been nothing but welcoming and generous, but it is WONDERFUL to be feeling an actual PART of my social circle again!

After that, I met my friend Sarah for dinner - we sat outside again - no heater this time, and it ws fine - but at the end of the FOUR HOURS, we got very chilly! It was a wonderful long chat, and she's a terrific friend. 
I came home to find I'd let the windows wide open in the warm sunshiny day! I am SO cold even now - it's taken almost two hours and the floor is still cold. 

A happy day, indeed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!