Monday, January 13, 2014

1/13/2014 Back at it - a Good, Long Day



I went back to work today - started the day wonderfully! Easily out of bed by 8, into the showeer and dressed, fed the cats, and got my things together - out by 9:10. It's been a very, very long time since I've ben able to move that quickly and easily. 

My Facebook status: Getting into the car to come to work felt like I was coming to a party. It feels really great to be back, and among this swell group of people. Getting back to doing my job also feels really good... Of coure there's the "you've been gone 6 weeks and things have changed somewhat- guess what your new password might be?" Kind of stuff, but all in good time... the sun is shining in my window and I”m happy!



It was a pretty good day - I wasn't able to get a lot of work done, yet, as we are possibly doing a big technical changeover to the web software I use tomorrow - but I got re-established and gathered a LOT of hugs and big grins at my ability to walk with just a cane - and then showed off a bit that I can get around without the cane! Great to see peopel I've worked with for a long time. 

It was a lot of walking and I did definitely over do it. It's not a huge building, but walking to get water/coffee, to the bathroom, downstairs to the cafeteria for lunch, all is considerable distance. I visited a few friends across the building, too... by quitting time, I was pretty well tired out, and got home exhausted and sore. Funny how just a simple day of a desk job can do that, but of course that will happen for a bit. I will keep it much more low-key tomorrow - fewer trips back and forth, and perhaps eat lunch at my desk. We'll see. With a rehearsal tomorrow night, even though it wil probably only be a read through,  it will be a long day. It has only been six weeks tomorrow since surgery! 

I am deeply grateful that I CAN deal with a bit of over-doing... 
I've had dinner, iced well, had a short nap and downloaded the last episode of Sherlock for season 3... I think I'll watch it now with a little sweet something to nibble on, and then relax and get to bed - before Midnight - perhaps even a touch earlier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!