Wednesday, January 15, 2014

1/15/2014 Six Weeks and One Day

Today's Facebook status: 

"Who knew? After a lot of walking yesterday (I admit I was pretty sore and knackered afterward!) - today - another new thing... Walking with my feet close together (Like regular healthy-hipped people) feels better, and I can walk much further and more comfortably!! Perhaps a combo of the extra walking/strengthening, and re-setting a habit even more - I have walked splay-footed for so so freaking long! 
Kinda loving how fast the process goes sometimes!!! 

Yippee, hippee!!!"

It really is amazing to me, the day after a day when I particularly feel as though I've over- done... and then I discover some newly regained ability or strength. I skipped the exer-bike last evening - rehearsal was PLENTY of exercise!! But I have plenty of time for it tonight, and look forward to it! 

I've been thinking the cane would be around for a month or two - but something in the way I move today (Thank you, Beatles :) ) feels - easier. Less pain! Maybe, just maybe - it will be much sooner than I think. There are a few special people in my life whom I cannot wait to walk straight up to and just hug the stuffings out of - ones who have not seen me since surgery. 
I wrote my surgeon's office asking about more outpatient physical therapy - and perhaps I do need it - but - I may-well not! 

If you are reading this and are planning to undergo a hip replacement, or two - or maybe trying to decide whether to do it - DO!!!! I hope you are eligible for the Anterior approach. It is a wonderful thing!!
Or if you are someone who cares for someone who is about to - I hope this helps and gives you hope!!
That is the purpose of the whole damn blog - but today is a good (If tired!) day - and I feel my like really kick-starting again. 

That "Magic SIx Weeks" my Physical Therapist referred to seems to have something going for it! So much less pain.
I noticed, too that I don't make those :OOOOOOOOOOOOHHH - Ouuuuuuuch!!!  OOOOWWWWW - groans any more... I mean - of course, because I don't hurt as I used to - and less and less every day - but worth celebrating, anyway! It alarmed people... and it meant that I HURT!! :)

Perhaps more later... But that'a s pretty good day, and i'm happy to have a night off. 
Theatre tomorrow night, another theatre's anniversary open house Friday, and then a massage Saturday! Three rehearsals next week - but tonight - just down time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!