Wednesday, January 8, 2014

1/7/2014 Ever-Increasing Abilities, Ever-Decreasing Pain

Slept in until about 10:30. It feels good to just go with the flow for a few more days. 
I am sleeping freely and comfortably on either side now, and some on my stomach - this is really a wonderful thing, having been forced to entirely change my sleep position habits to being on my back, head and shoulders up on pillows and a pillow under my right knee for 1-2 years (or more). 
It feels so lovely to be reclaiming Normal - but elevated, more mindful Normal. 

I missed my morning Tylenol and decided that, since I wasn't going anywhere today, I could afford to test it - 
I decided to wait until afternoon to take any. Happily, I did just fine! 
I did a good solid PT session in the morning - then up , coffee and a couple of little banana coconut muffins I've made, knitting for a while... downloaded the next episode of Sherlock to watch tonight. 

Talked to a dear friend about the possibility of doing a little Shakespeare in the Goldrush town of Murphys, one of my favorite places to work - it would be *wonderful* to work there again after a two- summer absence from that beautiful outdoor stage! My theatre schedule is filing up again, and it feels so absolutely wonderful to be at it again, about to begin creating onstage after EIGHT months away from it!! 

Visiting with dear friends online was lovely. Then out to a late lunch.early dinner with Mariam - I was able to get showered, dressed and out the door in 20 minutes!! This has been unheard-of for so long! 
I just hopped into the car and swung my legs in - painlessly, not big effort or difficulty at all!!! 
Another nice development! 
Easily got around the restaurant, I didn't need any help with anything. Glorious! 
Also - I had a big juicy burger and shoestring sweet potato fries - it was delicious! I don't eat burgers often, but it was really what I was craving! Protein up to promote bone growth and fill in those wee bits we're watching between the acetabulum and the new metal sockets - keep 'em nice and solid and healthy for a VERY long time to come! 

When I got home, a lazy neighbor had left one of the trash bins in the street, in the closest parking spot to my apartment. Another change: I got out, moved the thing BY MYSELF up onto the curb, and gve myself a prime parking spot! Ha- HA! 

**************

This evening I've been relaxing, but getting up to move... watched the newest episode of Sherlock online, and it was a really great, extremely fun lift! 
All the while having a great pretty much day-long IM with one of my favorite people.
Put me in a really happy, giddy mood :) Lots and lots of laughter - the BEST!!

I have been sitting at my computer desk for hours now playing with pals online, reading poetry, writing... (Stretching, mind you), but I have no pain or discomfort from it - another HUGE change! 
Shawna the great PT mentioned that there is a sort of "magic two week" point, and a "magic six week" point. I get to see her in the morning.
Yesterday was the Five-week mark ( REALLY? Another odd time-warp - it eels much longer somehow this week!!) so I am heading into the Magical Six! 
Feeling better by the day. 

In fact, I am not feeling anything adverse from only one Tylenol dose yet today! I will take it soon, but I am wondering if I am actually going to be able to lay off the stuff pretty quickly here! I would LOVE to be able to STOP taking any kind of analgesic AT ALL, except as needed! 
With a touch of arthritis in the thumbs (common in women) and general cranky bits here and there, It really doesn't feel like a bad thing that I am taking less! I know my kidneys and liver woudl be DELIGHTED to be off it! NEXT - I tackle the blood pressure medicine!

I'm off to the living room to watch a little late telly, and get on the  exercise bike for 13 or 14 minutes. Then to bed, to bed, as Shawna will be here at 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!