Sunday, December 1, 2013

As I told the Faceboook gang... countdown posts

Catching up a bit - sometimes the Facebook statuses say it best:

11/26/13


Today, I had a great pre-op consult with my very cool and skilled (and yes - cute!  ) surgeon. He was pretty excited about it too, and that was really neat! Thanks for going with me, Mariam! It was great - I was practically giddy when it was done. Green light, my sister Toni arriving tomorrow to hang out with me for the duration... T-Day with the brother and his fam, including the wee grand niece 

Next Tuesday is Go Day, and then it's nothin' but better. As much as I've said it, It begins to actually sink in that I will be *repaired*. So many years of deteriorating hip joints, and a lifetime of walking on deformed hips, without even knowing it...
Talk about your Thanksgiving!! 
 — feeling giddy and excited.


11/28/2013 - Thanksgiving
Here we go - my yearly Thanksgiving tradition - I love this song, and this year, as much down as there has been, there has been an astounding amount of Up, and that's what leads me forward with very intense Gratitude. And right now, my sister Toni is here, we're making last touches before heading out the door with the home made gf rolls and cranberry sauce (and bakery coconut cream pie :) ), after which she is so kindly staying with me , tag-teaming with my dear friend Mariam- through my second hip replacement AKA - Freedom: Phase II :) Kight Sisters rule December!
All the astonishing friends who have come to kind call through this year - I am overwhelmed to the bone.
I can barely imagine what more there could be to be grateful and thankful for.. . I wish you all joy and fellowship today and through the upcoming year of promise. ♥
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dBXL1ueAlY
"Grateful" by John Bucchino

11/30/2013
A good day - Toni ( non-fb sister  ) did tons of house- cleaning/tidying/organizing - feel a lot better for both of us ( believe it or not, my own housework is another thing I look forward to being Able to do after all of this is behind me!) and she's off for a weekend trip to see old friends until Monday and a final day of relaxation and chill before Tuesday and the Big Surgery Day!
Having a few chuckles with lively FB pals... a massage this afternoon. and possibly (Playing it by ear) theatre tonight.
 The countdown to Tomorrow is going very nicely.

12/1/2013
T minus one more day and counting! Today I got the last of the kitchen stocking done - thank you SO much Jack Apfel-McDowell for being such a fun shopping companion, and not minding when I almost back over people in the co-op. (*I *did* warn them!) Off to pick up a last prescription and see "It's a Wonderful Life" at STC with Keith Riedell and David Fulk (Thanks, guys!) and MAYBE - if it's not too much in one day - to the Hideway for a bit to see Zack Sapunor slap dat BASS with the Afterlife!
Tomorrow is a couple of errands and *chill* time. A lot of smiling is on the schedule. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!