Wednesday, December 25, 2013

12/25/2013 Christmas Day

Awoke around 9 this morning, and slowly got ready for the a nice Christmas day. 
I got into the kitchen before Toni got up, got the dishwasher loaded, made coffee and tidied up a little - 
It was great! :) 

I wrapped my brother and sister in law's gifts and had a nice little breakfast Toni made when she was up - a soft boiled egg and some bacon. then we eventually made it out the door to Roseville. 

A nice languid, quiet visit with Chris and Carole... we talked, BS'd, Carole made a lemon Meringue pie with a little kibbitzing from Toni and I, we laughed, and eventually had pizza!  it was individual GF crusts, they had gone and bought some Round Table Pizza Sauce, and we build our own! For me: exotic mushrooms, mixed cheeses, black olives, pepperoni, some shaved Parmesan - and anchovies! YAY! 
delicious... and then we ate  lemon meringue pie! 

We had talked about a movie, bt we were all getting  little knackered. 

IMPORTANT improvement! After sitting for 3 1/2 hours on a hard plastic chair (a good height and more comfy thatn lower couches and chairs ,yet) last evening, and then sitting a lot at Chris and Carole's for about 5 hours, I am happy to report that my bum is healthy and the skin is comfortable ! I want to knock wood here, but I think the worst of that issues is - erm... oh, I'll say it: Behind me!! :) 

It was a really lovely, nice Christmas - Toni and I bickered a bit on the way to Chris', but we figured out that she was just really tired. I was a little, too, and just realizing it fixed it. We look at two sides of the same coin a bit differently, and sometimes it causes a conflict. So, we're human! It's all fine. 
It was nice all day to read and enjoy everyone's Facebook posts with photos of food, Christmas Trees, Gifts, goofy relatives having fun... 

I received a gift certificate from our sister pat fro Zappos online with a note, "You'll need new Dancin' shoes!" Indeed! I found a lovely pair of low, quality, PRETTY! (I am SO sick of wearing shoes because they are flat, solid and non-dangerous) black pumps with a Mary Jane strap but a pretty line - and a pair of new sandals for the summer! Thank you, Pat! 

Toni gave me wonderful home grown dried herbs for the kitchen, and a beautiful photo she took probably 27 years ago - our extraordinary late Mom, Butchie, with our then 2 or 3 year old niece, Michelle ("Chelly" then) , close-up, smiling, in a wee frame. Each of us had a "Little Chwistmas cwy" when we opened ours (all the siblings and Michelle got one. ) 

Chris and Carole gave us lovely Meyer Lemon lotion and a swell soft leather wallet. 

Yesterday my friend Sam (Husband to my dear friend Deborah, who passed away in October) texted to see, "Are you home tomorrow, are you off meds enough for a wee tipple, and might I invite myself over for a visit?" He's a good friend, and I was delighted 9and the answer is yes to the tipple!) and we decided best time would be 7 or 8 when we arrived home from Roseville. When we got home tonight I texted him, and he came over! He brought a delightful Toddy involving Grapefruit juice, black tea, a splash of good bourbon and a bit of Maple Syrup to sweeten it - it was DELICIOUS!!! just one and we were all happy, and under the legal limit! Toni went to bed, exhausted, and planning to be up at 7, and Sam and I talked for a couple of hours. When he left we had tentative plans to see a movie with his daughter and her roomie... it will be a nice outing! He's also going to a pre-new Year's party on the 28th mutual friends are throwing, so I will catch a ride with them as well. Good to see him out and about, and nice to catch up! 

It's good to get this written and posted at a decent hour, instead of into the wee hours! 
Tomorrow is a hair wash at 9:30, and then Shawna will be here for PT... Toni will go to visit a friend in town - so a good bit going on. 
Yesterday, I texted Shawna after I walked those few wee steps, and she was very happy for me and looking forward to seeing me on Thursday to continue improvement. :) She's a really great person, as well as a great Physical Therapist. I am deeply lucky and terribly grateful. 

I think I will post this and go enjoy one more little Christmas Indulgence - a Vanilla Cranberry Cupcake purchased at Pushkin's Bakery yesterday morning and a bit of milk. :) 
Then a bit of tv and, one hopes, and early (Or at least DECENT!) bedtime... it's suddenly 11, so I'd better hurry to accomplish that! At least it won't be 3:00 am again! 

Merry Christmas to all... 
"Love and joy come to you 
And to you glad Christmas,too
And God bless you and send you a Happy New Year!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!