Friday, December 13, 2013

12/10/13 - a week post-op


Tuesday morning- up to breakfast of cereal with banana and blueberries. 

Bit of a cross interchange with my sis... Neither of us likes theses moments. I most want cheer and happy vibes... Nothing tragic, but there it is.

Over that bit of a hump, We took a good enjoyable several hours going through her music wish list, finding a great eclectic mix of songs we will buy from iTunes and put on CD for her. It was a nice afternoon. We got a bit caught up in the. Moment and were pretty late for lunch, so she set me up with a little  nosh ( an apple an some peanut butter) while she made delicious lamb and eggplant for dinner. Perfectly cooked! She is a wonderful cook. 

I found myself very tired, and went down for a "nap" which became just bed, around 8:30 or 9 is unusual for me - such a late-night girl, theatre being my usual clock-keeper.

A bit of a rough evening, pain-wise  - trying to find a balance of norco without  taking too much, getting constipated, or getting too used to it, etc. eventually slept pretty well. 

One thing I am extremely grateful for is the abiltit or that simple tool, the leg- lifter. 
It is a cloth-covred rod with a stiff loop at one end and a cloth one at the other. You put your foot through the stiff end, straighten your surgery leg, and lift the rod gently up onto the bed, following with the good leg. 
I could use it fairly early-on, which means that I can use the loo the 2-4 times a night I need to right now (I'm drinking pretty massive quantities of water right now, particularly in daytime, to keep hydrated with all the medications )and keep the body healing...
And this means I don't have to wake Toni all night long, as well. It's not necessary! Of course I would, and do, when I need to, and that is just fine, but having to wake up just to lift my legs from the bed is a bit excessive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!