Monday, December 2, 2013

Bedtime... one more sleep!


Toni and I had a lovely dinner of Dungeoness crab and cauliflower, and a touch of ice cream and a cookie for dessert. Watched a bit of Sherlock (Ep. 1) for a bit of  relaxing fix - stopped before the stressful bit ( Even though I know the outcome, they are GOOD at suspense, that team!!)
and I'm working on winding down, as I must be awake at 4-4:15 am.
But then again, I get to go back to sleep shortly thereafter...
Had a lively and somewhat odd-amusing IM conversation with a good friend, and lots of hugs and good mojo wishes from many.
Toni finally got to meet Maia - the shy cat - and gave her treats to make friends... a good things so she isn't freaked out by Toni. Electra came out to play days ago.

Need to take one more photo of the surgery site for a "before" ... we'll finish Very Last items for packing in the morning - a few food items, and Toni will bring my evening main meal (to avoid the gluten-free, low protein/high sugar and starch debacle of the first time round)

My Facebook status just now...
Wow. It's still somewhat surreal, even though I've done this once and have been counting down - six hours from now we head to the hospital (I know , I know - I have always been a late night girl... off to bed soon, but at least I get to go right back to sleep!! ;D ) and then eight and a half hours from now, I have a date with a handsome and extremely talented Orthopedic surgeon, Dr. Smith, a few blocks up the street! 
Mariam Helalian will post inm y surgery Angels page and leave a note here on my main page too, I believe... And before you know it, I'll be back - fully repaired :)   It should be done by about 10:30, and sometime around 1-2 I should be awake and  out of the recovery room heading for my room - and home by Friday afternoon. (yes, really!) 
And I'll be just as glad as you these countdowns are over. Afraid you'll have to bear or ignore the progress reports afterward for a while - but after all, when the heck else do I have to talk about right now?! ! :D 

Galaxies of love and thanks to all of you for holdin' me up - literally and figuratively - for so long.  I take you all into the High-Tech Robot Operating Room with me tomorrow. Dr. Smith doesn't mind crowds, but please keep your hands off the fancy gadgets. :) <3 <3 <3

So soon... and in a blink, it will all be behind me and I will walk  - and run and dance and occasionally skip - the world again. The wonder of such a normal act - is a little overwhelming, in all the very best ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!