Friday, December 13, 2013

12/12/2013


My Facebook status about 1 am...
Yes, Virginia, it's true! One's second hip replacement surgery *is* different from one's first! And it might just hurt a f*ck of a lot more. Now, be a good girl and go take more Norco, just as you *didn't*! want to do. *pat, pat* (go 'way, kid, ya bother me...)

 All in good time... Patience, patience, patience... But it's a little like waiting for Christmas - in reverse. -ish.


-many kind responses of support from friends followed, and I commented: 


Thanks, dear ones. The first was so very shockingly rapid with pain gone in a week, that it essentially set up impossible expectations for the second - which is going absolutely fine! - but when i have to face * increasing* the medications for the first time - and I do so hate the stuff- it just bums me out a bit. 
Week one is past, week two should really be the realistic time to have gotten weaned off of them.
But i WILL walk, run, dance, skip and all that swell stuff gain, SOON- in months or weeks! 
Thanks for letting me bounce it off youse. This thing is just running out of steam a bit. 
Need an energy boost or a kick in the arse (preferably the left side) or something.


When friends give support and talk about working together onstage soon and such, I appreciate it so much. It brings me a bit up out of my intense and necessary self-centered focus and reminds me that the world is still out there being beautiful and kind an dcreative, and waiting to let me back on board the carousel! 


A Good later night/morning. Mariam left at 6:30.
 

- will probably add a second norco to the bedtime dose, as the rest of the night is fine after the first couple of hours' pain dies down.


- Cheantell will be here around 9:30


Toni will be home this afternoon. After tomorrow, it will feel better and safer to be here alone for more hours at a time, if necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!