Thursday, December 19, 2013

Saturday 12/14/13

Saturday 12/14 
Brunch - less pain, more progress... New PT strap/ hamstring exercise 

I'm beginning to feel the phase where almost nothing feels like injury pain, but more like exercise, productive strengthening pain. Levels a bit lower nearly by the hour. 

Ready to try again st switching out one norco dose for Tylenol. 
This time I 'm nearly certain it will be successful. 
If one of those works today, I will change to Tylenol all day and norco at night tomorrow, then perhaps just one norco Monday night at bedtime. By tuesday(two weeks out from surgery) , I plan to be down to no norco, with the possible exception of one on a tough night for the next week. There after, I am done with norco. 

It will make my sister nervous, but she'll adjust as I get better and the switch actually works. 

**Big landmark today! Getting into bed for my afternoon nap just now ( even having gone 7 hours between med doses comfortably!) I was able to lift my right/ surgery leg up onto bed under my own power, without even using the leg lifter!! 
Fantastic progress!!! 
This is a big one. 
And compared to surgery#1, one or two days earlier this time! It is not a contest, but it is a lovely milestone! 

Another smaller landmark- first full, straight stretch of the surgery leg, laying down, with zero pain!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!