Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Eve, 12/24/13 Best Christmas Gift...


Christmas Eve, 12/24/13 5:45 pm Best Christmas Gift... 

I think I just walked a few legitimate steps by myself. As odd as that sounds, It has been about to happen... then, I wasn't in much pain at all and kind of put my weight on it in the kitchen, moved away from the walker to the fridge and didn't have to grab anything... 

I think it as walking!! 

Merry, MERRY Christms to me!!

My friend Melissa had just left, after an absolutely WONDERFUL visit!
Toni is at my brother's - I'm home alone getting ready to go to some friend's party for the evening... no one here to video take it as I had hoped - but dammit - I think i'm bloody WALKING!!!!!! 

I have called Jt, Toni, Mariam and Christina - only Mariam answered - and it was great to share it with her - but I know she was preoccupied... 
I am SUCH A SOCIAL PERSON!!! I wish I could reach my people!!!! But I am savoring it and smiling.

:) So I guess I'm meant to enjoy it and savor it quietly for a bit. :) That's OK. 


6:00 pm
Jt called just now... celebrated with me :) Appreciated the import of my "Christmas Miracle" and laughed with me. :) Grand to talk to him, as always! 

Toni also called back... well and properly congratulated and acknowledged - I was tempted to go to the Christmas Eve party with only my cane, but I think not QUITE ready yet! 

2:26 am next morning - just getting to bed... 
I had an absolutely splendid time at Jess and Seth's party! He came and picked me up (they live 4 blocks away, so I'm glad it was convenient!) and I had a great time! And the evening was fun, lively, wonderful to see and socialize with theatre friends!! 
I made an executive decision: i decided that since this is Christmas Eve, and I'd really like to celebrate with a small cocktail, and my Coumadin/Warferin was due to be finished today, I would cut it off one day short. ONLY one. The odds of me suddenly springing forth with a blood clot due to 20 days vs/21 days of the drug were a well in my favor. 
So I took my last one yesterday and tonight I enjoyed a light, Christmassy  
cocktail - it had cranberry juice, champagne and a little lime juice in it - absolutely delicious, and very lightweight on alcohol. Ok - I also had about a 1/4 cup of home made and not strongly spiked eggnog. But even at that, it was a very small amount of alcohol. and I enjoyed it! 
Everyone was lovely and happy, the gluten free lasagna and Chex Mix were much appreciated - all good food at the party! 

Toni arrived home from our brother Chris' house, and I texted her to plese pick me up at 10:30 - I was fairly cooked. she did, and it was perfect. Sitting pressure not too excessive, and I GOT OUT - to visit friends and just chill! 

Toni and I listened to some music Including the fabulous, Raucous tearjerking "Fairy Tale of New York by the Pogues and Kirsty McColl, had a late night snack, and sleepily enjoyed each other's company. 

The three or four steps I took in the kitchen show me that at parts of the day, I am not too sore to deal with it... variables like sitting and ALL are not disabling - and walking is ever and ever nearer!!

I am nodding as I type. Namaste, folks. I'm pretty happily amazed.
If I can walk more steps, it'll definitely be my "Christmas miracle" :) 
of course it has to heal, and the bad guy isn't always apparent. 

I now begin to make no sense. .

Good night, litle cowboys. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!