Sunday, December 22, 2013

12/21/13 The Day's Progress - Pants!!

I didn't get to bed until 3 am, but slept hard til 8am Tylenol alarm

Progress: Slept all night with right leg/ knee flat, no pillow in for knee, for perhaps 2 years??

Today I felt like using some makeup, and I added my rights back. It feels good to wear them again. i even added a few I don't wear 24/7 usually, and some earrings and a bracelet! Just another step toward a Normal day. 

This is Today's Big Deal Facebook Status: It's a bit of a red-letter day!
This is SUCH a bigger deal than you might think it is.
I just put on my pants. No effort, no struggle, no pain. For the first time in about three years, I didn't have to struggle to lift my foot off the floor at all, use a grabber to get them over my foot, groan in pain as I pulled them up and then struggle to get the other foot inside the waistband...
I just put. On. My. Pants.
" I could tell you what it takes to reach the highest high, you'd laugh and say, 'Nothing's that simple' / but you've been down this path before while I was waiting at the door - this place is sacred as a temple..." 

              - Tommy - "I'm Free"


I spent the evening enjoying another in the filmography of Benedict Cumberbatch's films, a little character-driven film called Wreckers. Beautifully performed 

My friend Melanie Marshall brought an prepared dinner - two wonderful Indian dishes. absolutely delicious! I sent the leftovers home with her, because the fridge and freezer are filling up with very tasty leftovers, and that will be wonderfully helpful for me when Toni has gone home. 

I took  late late shower - a piece of the butterfly tape came off the surgica scar at the top where the skin is very soft and tender - I had to look closely to make sure it was only tender... but the incision is A-ok. I'll watch it, but it really is just pink. 


Watched Saturday Night Live - I was sitting a lot, and realized that I would like to have iced, but it was late, and frankly a little chilly to want to wrap parts of my leg, hip, knee, etc in ice. 
Itchy burning bum. Again. 
But at least I slept fairly well through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!