Saturday, December 21, 2013

12/19/13 The Progresses of the Day

Walked down to the corner, took photo by myself and with Christian, went about 10 feet further than yesterday! Blustery and chilly, but lovely sunshine. 

Beverly, my hairdresser and friend, came to wash my hair - what a love. It's just still a bit cumbersome leaning over on the shower bench dealing with and styling my own bum-length curly hair. One more appointment with her next week will be truly appreciated.

I discovered another couple of Firsts!! I can now safely and comfortably lean far enough over from a sitting position to pick things up from the floor without a grabber. Before, it pulled on all of the painful joints and tendons nad was impossible. 
Oh, there was much dropping and sailor talk around this subject in the past several years. 

Also, I (VERY CAREFULLY, still being on Coumadin/Warferin blood thinner) trimmed my toenaiis yesterday! They had reached a place where they were catching the sheets and just looked and felt dreadful. I've alwasy had pretty feet, and they've suffered a lot during this time... I could not REACH THEM! 
I now have almost complete range of motion in the 2-months-older left hip replacement joint, and at least a little so far (It's coming - right on schedule) - enough to have reached my right toes with no strain and give a little clipping. No pedi's unti.l after coumadin is gone, but it's nice to have tidied them up and gottem some lotion on them, all by myself. 
The Things We Take for Granted. 

3:45 I've been able to sit up at my desk for several hours (getting up regularly, as one should always, anyway) with little pain or swelling - pressure on the back of the thigh isn't painful any more! Another on DOWN! 

A nice, quiet afternoon of writing, reading poetry, a little internet surfing. 
Now - for a nice ham sammich. 

... or leftover spaghetti! Which I was able to serve and heat up for myself - good to be in my own kitchen again! 

Toni arrived home in the evening bearing groceries and a case of lovely Placer County Mandarins she bought at the farm that grew them. Sweet and seedless and a lovely treat! She had gone for a drive past the home where we stayed as kids with good family friends and kept a couple of horses.
We had a nice dinner of her delicious chicken corn chowder- even better the third night.

We had a good night - we got on my computer and played with Google maps, looking at old childhood homes and other places we'd been. It was fun to discover the old roads we walked and forests where we had adventures.
Unfortunately, my success with sitting on the desk chair earlier today was pushed a bit too far - my poor bum was inflamed again. (sorry - but I do want this to be an informative/perhaps cautionary informational blog). Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. More cream. More itch. 
Otherwise, muscle and joint wise, I'm ok.
But dammit. 


We are enjoying catching up on the PBS series "Call the Midwife" together. We had leftover chicken corn showder again with it for dinner - it's still wonderful! 
A little treat of chocolate after (Carefully hiding it wawy from the naughty cats). 
we were up late, but it was nice. She usually goes to bed a good bit earlier than I do, but we didn't have anything on for the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!