Sunday, December 22, 2013

12/22/2013 Sunday goings-on

Got to bed late but slept pretty soundly. 
Woke at 8, took morning Tylenol.
Up about 10 am. 

Friends David and Keith were making their Sunday farmer's market trip and called to see if I needed anything. I asked for cauliflower and persimmons, and the couldn't find persimmons, so they brought a huge bag of gorgeous - mandarins! Hey - the case Toni bought is about half gone, so we're getting lots of vitamin C and have tasty healthy snacks! :) 
Maybe I'll make on of my favorite cakes, an almond flour clementine cake ( mandarins are close enough!) it's delicious! Perhaps one for us and one for Christmas eve at my friends the Minnihan's! 

Toni and I texted this morning - all's well on both ends. She'll be back from catsitting for our brother tomorrow afternoon. 

I go back and forth - quiet time is lovely, but it also feels a bit isolated, especially since i'm not driving yet. Not too bad, but it's there. The summer surgery was a little less isolated feeling, as people's schedules were less busy, the surgery was sort of novel (This one imay be a bit "here we go again") and lots of people came to visit. I have visitors, but it's Christmas with parties, shopping, vacations, etc. I understand nad have no resentment at all - but it is just a bit less lively, is my point.

I find myself missing Toni. :) We've been doing great since that first stressful week, and I do enjoy her company. I love my siblings an awfully lot! We do make each other laugh, and on occasion we indulge in a wee treat... I'm trying to be very very healthy and that is working well, except for the occasional treat with a bit of sugar, or potato chips. Still, I am very restrained, and I don't drink a DROP of alcohol with Coumadin on board. Why would I?!? Why take a stupid risk at my health, when it is so very easy to make the healty choice? All that I drink is water (Lots of it), one cup of coffee in the morning, and the occasional OJ or cup of tea. 
Also, since I haven't had anyone over long enough for it, I haven't been able to go out for my PT walk today. It's a little awkward and cumbersome getting the walker up and down stairs on my own. I know how, and could if there were an emergency, I would be able to, but I don't quite feel comfortable doing it on my own yet. 
So - one day without a walk is ok. I'm making sure to do my indoor PT, even a bit more. Lots of stretches and standing exercises, working on getting those right Quads, Hamstrings, etc. 
healthy, strong and well enough to take my full weight - THEN I'll be walking!!!
My PT Shawna called from her personal cell phone to schedule tomorrow's pt appointment. She said, "this is my personal nmber, and you're welcome to save it and use it as you like!"
I'm so happy- we trust each other and connect on a friendly basis, and that's just really cool! :) I just really like her as a person, and truly respect her as a PT. 

My friends Mariam and Eddie dropped my for a nice visit - great to see them and have company!

Andrea brought a crock pot of taco "stewp" for dinner- really tasty, and healthy - with ground turkey and brown rice and all kinds of tasty vegetables, and gluten-free taco seasoning. Fulfilling, tasty comfort food! 

I am playing with knitting a bit, but keep getting distracted. Would love to get a set of leg warmers for my toddler grand niece done (their Christmas package will be a bit late as it is)... 

***You'll think this time will be spent catching up on reading and knitting projects, writing, movies, etc... But sometimes focus is hard, and it's just easier to watch tv. Unfortunately, tv is rather crp right now, but there it is. Ah, well. Rest is most important.
I have so many great books I want to catch up on, but there it is! 
I do need to work on learning song lyrics for Cannery Row, and have been... I also have an audition for a musical I love, A New Brain, coming up. It looks very positive... It's not a huge line load, just a few choice songs, but it's a *wonderful* show and character I've been wanting to play for years, and I should have a few month's break in the summer, so this is a perfect way to ease back into my creative music and theatre life without overdoing it and pushing healing too hard. 


Toni called me as I was just getting out of the shower - she had picked up Indian food - another treat she doesn't get often in Colorado. :) It was so nice to talk to her. 
This is now becoming what I had hoped it would be (After the initial stress) - a bonding experience.  She's a great sister, and I love her very dearly. :) 

Off to watch a bit of PBS good tv, and enjoy a treat of home-made candy Andrea also brought with dinner! 

Shawna will be here at 10 tomorrow, my friends Ann and Misty will be here at 12:45 to visit a bit and  park Ann's car on my street while she is on vacation and save her some airport car fees (It will be *wonderful* to see her - it has been too long!!!) 

Toni will be home around 1 - a fun day of company! 

I am feeling good and happy. Still champing at the bit to walk, but I will, I WILL!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!