Friday, February 28, 2014

2/27/2014 Theatre and Merriment - a brief one...

I'm very tired and need to keep it short - but it just dawned on me that tonight, I performed in front of an audience for the first time in 10 months.
Preview of Cannery Row at Sacramento City College's City Theatre. A beautiful cast, a gorgeous set, and it went well!
It felt great!
My voice was a little scratchy and my throat a bit dry, so I cracked a time or two - but I've learned that that is just what human bodies do sometimes, and that it hasn't ruined your whole performance - and it's FINE. :) I'm happy! Tomorrow is the official opening night - but I had really glowing compliments tonight - one from a very old friend who hasn't heard me sing in years, and one from a person whom I've never met.
That is lovely, and feels WONDERFUL! And I am sore and BEAT. I finally made it by Walgreen's to replenish my Tylenol... my feet and ankles are still swelling, and I hate it. It's not painful, but not comfortable, and looks awful. Dr, Smith says it's natural, but dammit - I look forward to the days when I can get about on a busy schedule and still retain my normally pretty little ankles and feet! 

Lexi has gained more weight - she is up to 6 lbs 1 oz - hurrah!

Jt is on his way to Bali and we had a very merry conversation with a mutual friend, who is in my show tonight via Facebook. Mikey and I were backstage waiting for "places" to be called at the theatre, and Jt was in Changi airport. :)  The world is full of wonder and miracles of science! We sent him a big cheesy selfie in costume, and he enjoyed it, and replied one of himself taken previously - but will and updated send one later! :D It was good fun.

I promised Mariam a ride to work in the morning, so I'll be up even earlier than I meant to be, but I am glad to be of help!

Ok - that's about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!