Monday, February 17, 2014

2/15/2014 Moments... feline domestic stress



Good rehearsal - we did a run-through of the show, with an hour music cleanup before hand.
We were missing our violinist, but the guitar player came with a better attitude, and I lightened up on him. He likes to improvise, and that REALLY isn't appropriate, so I had to give him a few small reality checks. I'm afraid he's always going to be a loose cannon.
It's irritating, but as long as he doesn't screw up a performance, I'll let him live. I'm very fun to work with, but if you disrespect the work, I get a little less fun.

I realized that tomorrow I have a gluten-free potluck with one of my favorite bloggers - she and her husband are coming from the East coast and it will be in a private home - very excited that she brought her potluck road trip to the West coast and is kicking in off in my home town (Well - just outside of it! 20 minutes from me!) . So that meant a trip to the Co-op for some organic cauliflower - I'm going to make mashed cauliflower with duck fat(Instead of butter) and home-made turkey broth and some garlic and other lovely herbs and spices. DELICIOUS! The potluck is at 1, so I need to cook in the morning. IT's a pretty easy and quick dish, but delicious.
Anyway, I decided to go ahead and do a real grocery trip, as tired as I was after a 4 hour rehearsal. I left the cane in the car. :)
I only used it a bit at rehearsal, mostly for the trip to and from the car. I'm sick of it falling off the set. Very annoying - it doesn't hang -the handle is poorly designed. If I use one for the show, It'll be a wooden one, anyway (1930's).
I found myself moving through the aisles feeling almost like - an imposter!



A note to my friend for whom I originally fostered my cats:
"Lexi wasn't interested in food - just lying on the back of the couch. I went to pick her up - second time this week her butt was covered in poop. This time much worse - there was a solid poo on the bathroom floor, so i'm pretty sure it wasn't diarrhea, but it was cake. I had to wash and clip it out - she was pretty docile (and probably weak) so I got it done. while I was in the bathroom with her, Maia found the covered dish of food I'd prepared with prednisone, uncovered it and ate about half of it. GREAT. When I tried to feed Lexi again and Maia horned in AGIAN, I bopped her on the nose - now she's REALLY pissed Lexi is hiding under the livingroom table and I feel like sitting down and bawling. I'll keep trying to feed her nad if I can't Ill force feed the Prednisone. Weighed her and with what I can tell (She held still for a moment) it looks like 5 .5 lbs"



This isn't fun and it's upsetting us all. I dearly hope the little one gets better soon.

up very very late, but I finally got her to take prednisone, and then eat a good bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!