Monday, February 24, 2014

2/24/2014 Sunday off, Social Events, Chores Achieved

A nice, beautiful Sunny day today.

I was less frozen up than I was afraid I'd be, and that was really good.

I had coffee with my dear friend Craig today - we'll be starting rehearsal for y next show in a couple of weeks, and he had a smart suggestion - not only would it be nice to have coffee and catch up, but we probably should before rehearsals started, so we didn't get in trouble like a couple of kids talking too much :D We may yet, but we had a great visit catching up with coffee and muffins in the sunshine (YAY for my favorite coffee shop carrying gluten-free items!)

Then I came home, got dressed in steampunk garb and went off to a lovely steampunk tea with six lovely ladies! it was fun and the food was all GF )Thank you dear Laura!) and a nice way to spend the afternoon. Though,  after stopping at the pet supply store to get Lexi's special cat food, getting home and getting out of my corset was a wonderful thing!!

I did pretty well getting around at all of those things, and I'm glad of it! 

I meant to get groceries, too - but my bank card had been left at home in a pocket - thank goodness I found it! 

Then I was off to the Co-op - another pretty comfortable shopping trip without my cane, walking among the other ambulatories, beginning to ALMOST feel like one of them - and feeling as though I were hiding in plain sight! Yes, the cart is supportive, but I easily move way from it to fetch a needed item.  

Home with groceries, two heavy bags up the stairs on my own and unloaded, I watched most of the Olympics closing ceremonies. And cooked - I realized I'd need some cooked food for tech week, so I made up three servings of chicken livers and onions (and ate one for a late dinner- yes I like liver and onions!) and some sausages, to warm up and scarf for rehearsals. 

This is a tough week - tech week for Cannery Row - it's probably more than I am comfortably ready for, but it is not more than I can handle. 
After feeling better than the last couple of nights, I'm certain that I have not been causing actual damage by sitting on the Stools from Hell - and they are working to get me something else to sit on, fingers crossed that I''l have it tomorrow - and the band gets to go home early, which is great and I am very grateful to the director for it. I think my appointment with my surgeon (Follow with X-rays to keep an eye on the bone growth needed to fill in a tiny gap between my acetabulae and the new joint sockets) will go well. I will tell him about the issues I'm having with sitting on the stools for lengths of time, but also be sure he knows the painful effects don't seem to be lasting o an actually setback. I am deeply relieved by that. 

I was able to find the appropriate hair style for the 30's for my character online, and it took my about 30 seconds to put it up - yup - it works - especially with that red silk flower I keep on my dresser! A friend once told me I should always wear flowers in my hair. :) So I try to whenever I can - I love it! I have long, thick, curly hair which (after years of practice for theatre) goes into almost any style in minutes. I appreciate that!

OK - time to get this butt to bed, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!