Tuesday, February 11, 2014

2/10/14


Last night's/ early this morning's fb post:


"That moment where you're so glad you're turning the lights off before 1 am- and you pull your special buckwheat hull pillow over into place... To discover it has split a seam, and there's a handful of buckwheat hulls in your bed and hair... And your backup bwh pillow is lodged behind the bed. And now it 's 1:32. Rats! Hulls cleaned up, bed moved, pillow retrieved without straining anything too much. 
Sleep tight, kids."


Note the operative phrase- "Hulls cleaned up, bed moved, pillow retrieved without straining anything too much."
I moved the bed. Not far, and it wasn't comfy or easy, but I did. 

Worked today, off early to take my little cat Electra to the vet. She's lost terrible weight- food changes didn't help. Might be pancreatitis... Hoping it's treatable and not too late. :/ she had an appetite booster, and she's eating now... Fingers crossed for my sweet little cuddler. 
I carried her crate up the steps on my own- awkward and not easy, but i did it. Oof. 

I'm a bit tired and sore today. Some of the exercises pt Ann gave me are painful because the involve standing on one foot and balancing. When i take the weight off the foot, that hip's muscles REALLY spike pain while they are relaxing.  Ow ow ow! 
I hate this. It's the only thing that really makes my drive for doing my pt tough.
And it niggles a little in the back of my mind... Those acetabulae with the tiny gaps between them and the artificial socket which, if the bone doesn't gow in, can rock loose, and that's very bad. NO REVISIONS.

What do do? (Stretch as much as possible)  What not to do? (Maybe not push those one-footed balance exercises as much, or do them with more support) (Also, stop cutting back on Tylenol for a few days. Gotta control the pain levels - I've been taking just one, or skipping the afternoon dose). 
Should i use the cane more in the house? I so don't want to. Is that stupid? I don't know. It's a dilemma, certainly. What do I push, and what am I not pushing enough? I have to wait til next week to talk the Ann, because the were filled up this week. 
This will probably improve in the next day or two... It usually does.

I'm not SUPER down, just - tired, and wondering, and a little sore. Not stretching enough this evening, I expect. Into bed, do my PT - the backup pillow is holding up fine, so fingers crossed - lights out in the next 20 minute s- before 1 am. (I am such an actor. We don't sleep before midnight, at least.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!