Thursday, February 27, 2014

2/26/2014 FInal dress rehearsal, getting through it pretty well

I'll keep it short - so tired, and a show to open in the next two days. 

Cannery Row is a lovely show - I so enjoy watching and being part of the mix of experienced and inexperienced performers who are all learning together from eachother - very exciting. 
My seat is pretty reasonably comfortable, now. My butt is still sore, but tech is almost over. 
I'm limpy and gimpy, and sore, but it'll ese up once we're performing and have several nights a week off. My feet swell like hte devil, and i was so happy when that wasn't happening... Hoping after this one closes, it will be better again. 
In the next show, A New Brain, i will be moving around more. My full intent is to be doing that one without the cane onstage for performances, and comfortable doing it! 
This one is too hard not to have the cane to get up and down - the steps are so high. 

Electra is definitely improving! She eats like a little happy piggy - hurrah!  And tonight - she PLAYED! I watched her run up and jump her sister! She hasn't had that kind of energy in ages! So good to see.

I'm pretty sore tonight. I'm almost out of the only pain medication I use,  extended release extra strength Tylenol - I am skipping my night dose, I don't think I should have any night pain that will keep me awake. My bum might, but Tylenol doesn't help that, anyway, 

What else? That's kind of it - I was 45 minutes late to rehearsal due to horrendous traffic  -It rained a lot today, so people act as though it's Armageddon and drive like fools. And I was still was dressed and made up and hair done at the same time as everyone else - I am an old hand at quick changes - glad it's not a skill one loses, even though I've only been away from it for a bit. 

We had two BIG Rain squalls go over hte theatre during rehearsal tonight - we need it! and another just went by - it looks like we'll have this one n waves. 

OK - off to bed, once again - far too late. 

Saturday - I will SLEEP!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!