Sunday, February 2, 2014

2/1/2014 A Fine day AND a Party!

Great day. I got up a little stiff, but shortly, I was warmed up and limbered - only used my cane a little bit today.

Slept in, listened to some NPR, made breakfast. 
Then, I did some housework!! Yet another "Haven't done in ---- years" item! I have great friends who have kindly come and helped me keep from being mired in utter house wreck - vacuuming, doing laundry, cleaning, sweeping, mopping, etc! 
I have never loved housework, but today, it was kind of great. I cleaned and swept the kitchen, cleaned the bathroom (toilet, floor sink), loaded and ran the dishwasher, cleared some counter space and put some things away. AND I repaired a blouse whose seams were coming apart! That is more housework than I have done(Been able to do) for myself in several years. 
 I only skipped vacuuming because I ran out of time, so I at least ran a broom across the carpet to picky up cat hair, and brushed the couch as well! 
AND - I got out the wooden folding table and 4 chairs and set them up in the living room by myself - including moving my Exercycle over a little bit to make more room. 

I was not over-tired, or in much pain. And when my friend Terry arrived for the appointed dinner party she offered to cook for me and some friends, I was able to come down the stairs and carry some of her items up to the kitchen! She was so happy for me, we both cried a bit - lots of hugs. 
We had a lovely time catching up while she cooked. Our friends Sam, Shelley and Dan arrived about 7om, and the party was ON!
They all showed quite the thrill and delight for me when I came to greet them sans cane, Sam saying "I was shocked to see you just bouncing up the step without even hesitating!!" I still have a little limp and some pain, but it just decreases daily. :) 
Terry is an incredible cook, and she shows her love by cooking for her friends. 
It was utterly amazing, and I am so grateful for her kindness!! 
She made: Hummus and salmon spread served with fresh veggies; Crisped Duck Confit with Pickled Sultana Sauce, Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms and Lardons, New Potatoes roasted inDuck Fat, and for dessert, Hazelnut Meringues with Whipped Cream/Cream Fraiche and a little Vanilla, AND Affogati - Espresso with Vanilla Gelato. AND Wine to go with each course .
It was WONDERFUL  - lots of laughter and conversation and fun and love, and that astonishingly delicious meal. We all finished the evening full of warm fuzzies and deliciously crafted food. AND, my refrigerator is filled with great leftovers, now! I am so lucky for such friends. 

Happy First of February to Us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!