Tuesday, February 25, 2014

2/24/2014 Rehearsals and seats and musings



Not a huge day today.. work, busy and the system was a little buggy, but fine overall ... rush home to feed the  cats and me - I had to let the Stage Manager know that I just couldn't be there by 6 - I was there bout 6:45, and they got on just fine without me - the section they had run had no singing in it. 


We are trying to deal with changing my chair - Luther (The bassist, also the head of the drama department and my dear friend) was so helpful  in trying to find just the right chair and cushions for me - it's not easy. Not much is comfortable to sit on for any length of time. 
I think we found something that will help, and I can see over the rail to watch the cast for cues, etc. 

Tonight was Dress Parade - the night when you get your costumes for the first time and everyone gets into costume an comes out on stage for the director to see, and the costumer to see all together and under the light. It is one of my MOST favorite moments in the life of a play. Suddenly the whole lot of people who has been showing up to rehearsal in whatever personal style of comfortable rehearsal clothes they choose, is transformed to another era. And suddenly you see the People of your environment all emerge and come together and become real! It is one of the best Magics of Theatre. 


The band was released early and I was so grateful. I got home, got Lexi and Maia fed, and failed miserably at giving Lexi her sub-Q fluids. I poked through to the other side - twice, And it fell out, twice, After sticking her four times, I just couldn't try again. It just wasn't right. She is feeling much better - I hope I am not messing anything up not giving her the fluids as often - but it is really miserable. I used to be really really good at it when my Oberon was an old boy and needed fluids - but then that was about 14 years ago, and I have lost practice. 

I wish my damned ankles would stop swelling so much. 

I see Dr. Smith tomorrow - all good mojo for great x-ray results - let's see some bone growing and filling in between my acetabulum and the new socket!! And not have him recommend that I not be on stage. It really isn't an option to step out. 
And I don't want to!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!