Monday, February 10, 2014

2/9/2014 Theatre news, a good day and a little TMI digestive issue information...

Sunday - Meant to have a walk with Marian at noon, but she didn't have rain gear, and then I realized I needed to get ready for my audition at 2:00, so, better not to get soaked again after all.
I made a rookie move and didn't look for my sheet music until shortly before leaving - My habit is to keep my "Book" - a singer's current audition and cabaret pieces they are working on - in my car, so I always know it's there, and always have it t the ready (And can't forget it! ). 
But - I changed cars after mine died in April, and then I had friends and family helping me clean up and organize the place before surgery. This in and of itself is *Great*! I am deepy grateful for the generous help I received, largely from Mariam and then Toni, but from several other loverly peopel, when I couldn't get around in my own hoe... But - this is why I couldn't find my music! 
After a goodly search and then one more look, VOILA! I found it - *after* a mildly paniced call to the usic director, and he was able to find it - but didn't need it after all! 

I arrived a few minutes late, due to turning the wrong way a couple of times, but it wasn't too bad and they forgave me. The audition went wonderfully well. I'm pretty sure I will be playing the role and I am very excited about it!  Time to be getting back to meaty roles again! I had worked very hard to achieve the roles I have gotten over hte more recent years, paid my dues as it were, and even am deeply fortunate enough to sometimes be called to do a role without auditioning. That is not to be taken for granted. Suddenly, to be set back so far and not only have directors concerned that I might not have the ability or stamina to performa a role, but then to be completely unable to performa at all (Save for a few poetry readings), this is a great step to re-establishing myself. I have worked hard to let directors know I will be back to my fighting energy, and much more (and now almost am there). SO - this is a lovely shot in the arm! 

Official auditions are this weekend, but they were kind enough to let me audition privately. I hope there is a lovely turnout of strong actors to fill in the cast. The music is very challenging - which I LOVE -  and absolutely wonderful! 

I came home, took a lovely nap- for the first time, Maia - the shyer and healthy of my two kitties - was on the bed and actually stayed when I crawled under the quilts to nap! I was happy about that. 

Mariam texted me that it had stopped raining - did I want to walk now? I got up, shook out the cobwebs and decided that woul be a great idea! We had a great walk - all the way around the S-T and 26th-25th street block, and then half a block further to the alley and home - so, six blocks! 
Mariam is a wonderful friend, and I am so grateful for her. Still don't know what I would have done without her through this whole thing. 

On an entirely different note, re: medications and reactions... I have had an upset stomach for a week or two - very loose bowels. (SOrry - this is a Hip Surgery Thing...)  I don't know what it has been from - I've been eating well, lots of veg... BUT. I am getting a dental cleaning this Wednesday, and I went to pick up the antibiotic I'll be having to take for the rest of my life for any invasive procedure. Two pills, one does per event. It says on the bottle, take 1 hour before the procedure - and that is may cause diarrhea. Oh, swell. because I haven't already been dealing with that for over a week. 
So I went back on Metamucil - shouldn't have stopped, probably. 
However- On the bottle - it also says that in rare cases, one can experience diarrhea weeks OR MONTHS after the dose. And that if it persists, see the doctor. 
I don't feel dehydrated or anything, particularly, but I wonder of this is the same anti-biotic they gave me for surgery?? The surgery information is not on my Myhealth pag -e medications, anesthesia, etc for surgeries and hospital stays. 
Anyway, I am going to keep up on the Metamucil and hope that keeps this issue at bay. I feel SO fantstci otherwise, it is kinds of a drag to STILL be dealing with these issues.. and the effects they STILL can have on delicate skin. 

OK - a good evening spent watching the 50th Anniversary of the Beatles in the US with great interviews, performances, and even Paul and RIngo getting together on stage and rockin' the dump! 

And now - It's bed time. Hey - I'll be turning off the lights well before 2am, even after my PT is done!! HURRAH! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!