Monday, June 30, 2014

6/28 and 6/29/2014 A good, productive weekend!

6/28 and 29/2014

A really good, productive and energetic weekend!!! 
Even on somewhat low sleep - I'll take it! 

Saturday - slept in a bit, a good breakfast - lots of summer fruit I LOVE summer fruit!), eggs, bacon... 

I got 30 minutes in on the exercycle in the morning, and a good six block walk - half a mile! 
I get that new little vacuum cleaner out and vacuumed the heck out of the livingroom, hall and and kitchen - it may sound ridiculous, but (and I am NOT one who enjoys the house keeping, nor have I been physically capable of doing much of it, if any, for a  long time) it was SO WONDERFUL to get my floors cat-hair free!! It makes the place look SO MUCH BETTER - got a bit of tidying done, too! 

A good dinner, and a little studying... a great IM conversation with my poet friend, and he would call after dinner (here in town). Happy surprise - not just a phone call, but a great visit! Things are always brighter and elevated when he is in the room, and the conversations are interesting and fascinating. It was still warm in the apartment and I coudl feel breezes kick in, so I suggested a walk... 
another 6 blocks for the win, and sitting out on the stairs for a litle while - it's not a great porch for sitting, but, as  his Grandmother always said, "Everyone should have a porch!" - wise lady! We had a great log conversation about everything, but particularly the Poem wehe is writing and we will be reading. I look forward to it, and really enjoy the process. 
He left around 2:00 am with lots of food for thought... I didn't sleep until after 4:00 am! ui! 

But - up around noon, feeling pretty stiff... once I was moving around a bit, breakfasted (Fruit, scrambled eggs with parmesan and shallots, and sausages), coffee'd and awake, I got some sink laundry done (ANd theres more in the soak now - I have no laundry facility, and it is such a hassle to go to the laundromat - though I CAN now, so that should happen soon!). Emptied and loaded the dishwasher... 
I got down on the floor and stretched and did some strengthening reps and THEN 20 more minutes on the 'cycle! 
This momentum is so exciting - I am so ready to push past my "pre-surgery" state AND my pre-pain state (More than 7 years ago) and raise my personal bar. 

I have errands to run later, and if it cools off enough, I hope to take a walk today. If I don't get to it, I will get on the bike again. 
:) 

I have a couple of friends (some new ones, sent to me by their friends, thinking I may be able to give them a little information and a morale boost and encouragement - I am SO happy to do that!!) who are taking hope from my progress - And you should, too - 
Always remember - I am an extreme case - you will very likely have quicker pregress than I am- and I am DELIGHTED with my progress!!

**************** later...
Well, I got out and got cat litter and looked a few places for some new hairpins recommended by a friend (I have SO. MUCH. HAIR) and home again. 
I didn't take the walk or get back on the bike, but I did take - oh lord how embarrassing - the garland off the fire screen - and yes. I mean the real cedar garland I had at Christmas in lieu of a Christmas tree - much less trouble, considering I had surgery December 3... it had gotten so dry I was dreading dealing with the prickliness and mess. But it had to happen, and it did. Momentum - I am getting things done which have wanted doing for so ong, adn the help I needed to ask for was more important tasks... groceries, trash being taken out, etc. END TANGENT - BUT - I got it out to the trash and most of it cleaned up (a quick vacuum tomorrow night will finish it up. I pace myself. 

So - the more you improve, the more you will do to make that push forward - results give you energy and hope! You get thing sDONE again, and you do them on your own - it is a magnificent feeling, after so long having to depend on others!! BE CAREFUL and MINDFUL - I tried to change a high lightbulb last week and realized, "Nope. This is too wobbly yet. Get down. Get help with this - you may NOT fall." and carefully climbed down. It'll happen when I remember to ask someone. It can wait.  

Life is GOOD, and I don't say that lightly. Look around - if you're hurting and still waiting for help and relief - find the things that still get through the pain and make you happy - and then start remembering all of the things you miss that you WILL BE ABLE TO DO!!! 
Make a list. ANd then gleefully check 'em off as you go! 
Heck I can't even FIND the list I made before my hip replacements - I think I'm kind of leaving it in the dust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!