Wednesday, June 4, 2014

6/4/2014 Happy. Like REALLY, Truly Happy :) PT Graduations and - Well, Read On.


So - today. Lots of things - hang with me - they're all good!
I had three (!) medical appointments.
Wound care - That Divot is healing like a boss! Wound care guy, Jeff, thinks it'll be pretty well healed by next week and the 4-layer compression bandage can come off!! More healing in three weeks than in the previous 2.5 months!
Optometrist - got my new contacts - woo hoo!
Physical Therapist - this was the 6 month-iversary of my second hip replacement, and my "graduation day" from PT! The wonderful PT I have, Anne, has been absolutely amazing and helped me get better and better, encouraged me through a slump while the Divot had me kinda down, and was really proud that I am (and I AM!) back on the upswing!
After I left, I felt so happy - that BIG ol' GRIN kinda happy I had after the surgeries (not from drugs - they were out of my system by then) because I have my life back, and nowhere NEAR the pain I had for so long. I'm still healing deep down, but any pain is *little* pain. I was just kind of in love with everyone I saw - and it felt wonderful, and I love it when it's that way. 


Came home and got on the exercise bike for 15 minutes...
made a rockin' skillet full of Chicken Liver and Onions - which if you like 'em, are DEVINE. (If you don't, ignore the previous line)
And like magic there appeared an *extraordinary* documentary on PBS - "Happy" - essentially, a film about the people all over the world who, in every kind of situation and environment, find the capacity to be deeply, fulfillingly and consistently Happy. It bolstered up that feeling - that knowledge that, while not being a Pollyanna - one can create happiness in their lives. I can- in MY life - and I am. And it tends to spill over. 

I see my surgeon in6 days for the next 3 month followup with x-rays, and I look forward to showing off a little. :) 

I hope you are and that you can, too. 
Thanks for listening. Goldang, I am HAPPY. :'}


PS - 
WOA!! I ALMOST FORGOT!!! It was hot and I wanted a treat (I have been mostly off sugar... ) And at the Co-op - I found... **Chocolate Scotch ICE CREAM**(yes, the booze - not candy!) I'm gonna go get some RiGHT NOW. !!! HAPPIER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!