Tuesday, June 24, 2014

6/23/2014 Numbness Receding, Keep Moving

We're at about 10 months out for the right hip replacement, and just short of 7 months on the right. 

A good, busy work day - but I managed to get my butt up often and stretch. The upstairs look was out of order, so a little more walking... good enough - but one must remember that one has further to go and heed the call sooner to avoid discomfort. 

I missed my walk (got home exhausted, took a nap) but did 15 minutes on the 'cycle.

I am definitely noticing changes in the large numb area of my right thigh (and even some in the small numb patch remaining on the left!)  - the achey soreness underneath the skin and a slight sensation in most of the skin surface returning. 
I wonder if it might be because I've been getting more exercise and movement? Or perhaps it's just time for those nerves to be reaching that stage. I can't quite recall if this is the time when my right left began to get the feeling back - the left was a shorter surgery, 3.5 hours - the right was 5. 
This is unusual... hip dysplasia, and Dr, Smith was determined to get that acetabulum well and  properly re-sculpted! 

I plan to increase my walk from 4 blocks (All around one block) to a mile within the month. 
I have a planned trip up to Murphys (a little under 2 hours away, where I often do summer theatre) to see friends perform Twelfth Night, and then have a lovely low-key walk in the woods around Lake Alpine in a few weeks - I'd love to really have my stamina going well by then! 

And here's hoping I'm in bed in the next half hour. Sleep is not my forte. I need more of it, 

'night, then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!