Saturday, June 28, 2014

6/27/2014 Moving Along, Though Tired.

Today was a retirement BBQ at work for one of our first two employees, 25 years ago. 
Fortunately, at our workplace, the people who cook are familiar with gluten issues as well as dairy, egg, and nut allergies. Some peopel think that's going too far, but I know there are at least two dozen people in the almost 200 in our workplace with food sensitivities, (Yes - legitimate ones. If you ever feel that you have to ask that - just don't. IOt's none of your business.) But it is most appreciated, because we can all participate! I ate two all beef gf hotdogs, one with a bun... It is rare for me to take seconds, but it ws a very abundant spread, and potlucks/smorgasbords are a bit of a weakness. At least it was salads and fruit otherwise - and a small ice cream for dessert. 
I've bought Trail mix with more sugar than I usually eat(Tiny chocolate and peanut butter chips) and for some reason I snacked on some n the afternoon. I am usually starving when I get home - but I really have no desire for dinner!! I will cook the thawed chicken I have in the fridge for tomorrow and the next few nights. but I'm still SO full. yek. 

When I got home from work, knowing how tired I am and that once I was home, I'd be shucking most of my duds to cool off and relax, I parked my car across the street and headed off to walk around the block as a brisk pace. It's pretty warm today, but not hot by Sacramento late June standards - but by the time I got home, I was really breathing hard and lagging, and my back and shoulders are sore - maybe pushing too hard at keeping my posture straight and hips upright - getting out of the life- long tilted posture. Ui. 

I grabbed my purse from the car and headed up stairs - heavy-going... 
I hope it's just from eating too much. I am SO tired. 

A little less sore in the left hip than yesterday - a bit stiff, but that's lack of stretching. I made sure to stretch a good bit before heading out for my walk.

I realize that this isn't scintillating reading today, but it's a reminder - holding myself accountable, not getting lazy - reminding myself how important it is to get back - and IMPROVE over my general state of fitness in the last decade as my hips deteriorated.  
ANd I hope some sort of inspiration and reminder to you, too, that if you are going through this experience, you need to just make yourself do it. 
Tired? You'll get a nice rest when you're done. 
Sore? Stretch well before you go, and again when you get back. Pay attention to where you're sore, and ask your Physical Therapist for exercizes to help with the area where you get sore (Even if it's not the actual hip area - everything is conneted, and they are there to help all of you be better!)  If you need to take a little Tylenol, OK. But keep it up. 
I will, too! 

I haven't gotten to the bike tonight- I took a nap and had dinner and then - it was late. At least I got my block walk in!
But will do tomorrow, and walk, AND finish vacuuming now that I have a functioning vacuum cleaner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment - I'd love to hear from readers to see if what i'm posting has been of help to you as a potential hip replacement candidate, someone who is going through it with them, or just someone reading about my experiences. Thanks!